Searching the Bible

Timothy Jenney

I am pleased to report that registration for our first webinar is at 25, so the 1 PM session is now full.

However, we do still have slots open at 8 PM. We will also make one of these session available for download later.

Feel free to ask questions about this webinar, either before or after the sessions, using this thread.

Blessings,

Dr. J

I didn't get the password for hte meeting

I didn't get the password for hte meeting

I am so sorry Steve, I did not get this before the webinar started. I hope you got in OK.

Dr. J

Thanks so much, Dr. J - this was most excellent presentation and I look forward to doing attending more of these presentations. This is especially great for those of us who haven't been able to attend an in-person training session.

Kudos to you and the Accordance team for doing this. I learned several things that I never knew I could do or wasn't certain how to do. In one hour you expanded my knowledge of the program tremendously.

Thanks so much, Dr. J - this was most excellent presentation and I look forward to doing attending more of these presentations. This is especially great for those of us who haven't been able to attend an in-person training session.

Kudos to you and the Accordance team for doing this. I learned several things that I never knew I could do or wasn't certain how to do. In one hour you expanded my knowledge of the program tremendously.

Thank you so much Donald! I appreciate the encouragement. Would you believe an hour before the evening session, I was outside, splicing the internet cable my telephone repairman cut this afternoon? Talk about pressure!!!

Blessings,

Dr. J

I'd appreciate feedback from those of you who attended either of these webinars. Tell us what we did well. Let us know where we can improve. Offer any suggestions you think might be helpful. You can post them here on the forum or even send them privately to me if you'd prefer. My e-mail is drj (at) accordancebible.com.

Thanks! :)

Dr. J

i was able to find the correct e-mail with the proper information. I think the reason you were not able to see my name is I have a block on my phone. Next time i will remove the block temporarily. Excellent presentation, as always good to say what you are going to say, say it then tell us what you said. the Power Point or slide youdid at the end of each sections was very good. Copies of those would be helpful for review. Thanks again and Blessings, Steve :P

I am so sorry Steve, I did not get this before the webinar started. I hope you got in OK.

Dr. J

i was able to find the correct e-mail with the proper information. I think the reason you were not able to see my name is I have a block on my phone. Next time i will remove the block temporarily. Excellent presentation, as always good to say what you are going to say, say it then tell us what you said. the Power Point or slide youdid at the end of each sections was very good. Copies of those would be helpful for review. Thanks again and Blessings, Steve :P

Dr. J

Thank you , Steve!

I did make that slide presentation available to folks in the first session, but forgot it in the 8 PM session. I'd be happy to give you a copy of it, if you'll send me a private message (drj [at] accordancebible.com) with your e-ddress.

David Lang was kind enough to send me a detailed critique of our 8 PM session. Here is an abbreviated summary of his corrections, additions and emendations:

1. Donald Stidwell asked about using the Go To Box in the bottom right

corner of the Search window. That would have been a good opportunity

to explain the relationship between the Search entry box and the Go To

Box. The basic difference is that entering verses in the Search entry

box will actually change the verses which are displayed, while the Go

To Box will not. The Go To Box is used to jump quickly to one of the

verses which is already displayed, and it can only take you to a verse

which is already part of the search result.

4. Excellent job on searching with symbols.... You might even have shown

how wildcards could be used within parentheses. For example, instead of

(go, went, gone, going) you could have done (go*, went).

7. I liked the way you covered phrase searching with "angel of the

Lord" and then varied it with "(angel, messenger) of the Lord." One

thing you might have done here is to explain how our assumption that a

series of words constitutes an exact phrase is different from Google

Great expansion of the answer to my question in number 1. The reason I never really got this is that I usually just have the entire Bible text displayed (an * in the search window) and use the Go To area to go to a specific verse. And of course it works since I have the entire Bible displayed!

Fortunately, since Tuesday's presentation, I've been using the Search box "as intended" and find that it's far more useful this way! I especially like being able to call up several references at once which is something I find immensely useful.

Dr. J

I agree wholeheartedly with Helens assessment. The ability to go at the speed of the audience is very important and you did an excellent job of that. the communication of the subject matter is best gauged by the slowest student and I go pretty slow so that I try not miss key points.

I have been at two live seminars and was careful not to ask too many questions as I had ascertained the audience to which I belonged consisted of people well beyond my scholarly and Accordance knowledge. Much value in both settings and Agree with your assement of David's value in all things Accordance. No doubt a clear parallel can be drawn abou the sharing of the Gospel to those of high and low estate.

Under the Lion's Mane

Steve

• 1 month later...

Is the webinair or any of the other webinairs available for download yet?

All the previous webinars are available for download. It takes us a couple of days to prepare the materials and upload them to the webinars page.

Archived