If you could choose one (1) (only one) Bible translation that's not in Accordance now....

Mark Allison

I would like an English translation of the Peshitta OT. Lamsa did one. I don't know if there are others.

http://superbook.org/LAMSA/GEN/gen1.htm the only one I know with the formatization. 

It does 3John 15 in the verse 14. So it works perfect with the TLAB verse mapping. You can do verse 15 as a separate in the TLAB verse mapping. It works fine, but if you use then the translation in parallel not as the search text. verse 15 will be hidden. There is at the moment no verse mapping which is 100% accurate to this text. And USFM and OSIS format import to correct this is currently not developed.

14 However I trust I shall shortly see you, and we shall speak face to face.

(1:15) Peace be to you.

Our friends salute you.

Salute the friends every one by his name.

If Accordance does the text then verse 15 should be a separate one. But best to see the original print version. I guess this internet page had done it in 14 for the purpose of import in Bible software which aren't able to deal with no KJV verse mapping (or for Accordance which needs a Bible in the correct verse mapping to import the Bible accurate. As I mentioned above currently there is none in Accordance. )

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OT:  Alter, Goldengay

NT:  Wright, Hart

I'd really like to find an OT translation that exposes the Hebrew play on words (without trying to make a play on words in English) and proper names/meanings *without* resorting to antiquated English which your average Millennial wouldn't understand. Points if it gives up translating Yahweh as LORD or any other unnecessary English translation tradition. 

I just found Alter's translation and I like how he put his translation notes in it. I want to check it out more, but would rather get it for Accordance rather than Kindle. I'd be open for any other suggestions (particularly OT/ Torah) for new translations. 

• Like 2

The Revised New Jerusalem Bible: Study Edition

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yes alas.

Regarding Sinaiticus, I posted a full text User Bible to the exchange a few years ago. It doesn't have every corrector in it. I cannot remember which hand I picked but anyhow, it covers all the text.

Thx

D

How do I get access to your Sinaiticus?  You copied out the whole thing?  Kings of Israel were supposed to make their own copy of the Torah; so you have then outdone them.  Or did you manage to copy it with some scanner & OCR?

I cannot take anything like that much credit.  :) The Codex Sinaiticus project codexsinaiticus.org produced an XML file with the text in it. All I did was create a User Bible from that file. It's on the exchange http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/bibles.htm. Or more directly http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/downloads/CodexSinaiticus.zip

Thx

D

• Like 1

I cannot take anything like that much credit.  :) The Codex Sinaiticus project codexsinaiticus.org produced an XML file with the text in it. All I did was create a User Bible from that file. It's on the exchange http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/bibles.htm. Or more directly http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/downloads/CodexSinaiticus.zip

Thx

D

Thanks Daniel, but i hope Accordance create a module.

There was an Apologetics Bible that I found out about from a new apologist called "The Apologist's Bible" or something. That is what I would want. I already have something quite similar though. I have the Apologetics Study Bible Notes, I think it's called.

There was an Apologetics Bible that I found out about from a new apologist called "The Apologist's Bible" or something. That is what I would want. I already have something quite similar though. I have the Apologetics Study Bible Notes, I think it's called.

I already have it. I picked it up as soon as it was recommended by this person and forgot about it. Time to get steppin'.

A true Accordance expansion would involve adding a Bible in a new language for Accordance. Why not Persian? There is a highly regarded five-year-old translation called the Persian New Millennium Version. Here is an article about its introduction. YouVersion has a digital edition from Elam Ministries.

It looks like a pretty good translation. 

• Like 1

Thx

D

thanks for the link. I downloaded it, but it does not show up in my Accordance Library

It will be added to the library the first time you open the module. So move the file to the User Bibles directory in your Accordance Files directory. Then do a File -> Open on it. That should do it.

Thx

D

thanks for the link. I downloaded it, but it does not show up in my Accordance Library

If you have downloaded it. Just double click on it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A complete Bible in modern/Israeli Hebrew

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

A complete Bible in modern/Israeli Hebrew

yes, as long as it is the Deltizsch translation. BTW: tis is already in Accordance. The only thing that is missing is the Delitzsch with Strong. Still today the better translation than the one of the Bible society. For what's its worth:  I use it for my daily readings.

• Like 1

Is there really no version of the Tanakh in contemporary Hebrew? I read an article explaining how translation of the GNT into Hebrew is affected by new definitions that biblical Hebrew words have picked up among modern speakers.

I would like to see how the language of a modern Tanakh would match that of the MHNT. I'd be particularly interested in the Aramaic portions of the Tanakh.

Anyway, I had thought that there would probably be a translation/version in modern Hebrew. The GNT has been made into modern Greek.

• Like 2

The Hirsch Chumash by Rav Samson Raphael Hirsch would be a great addition.

The Soncino Books of the Bible, the first edition, would be another great addition. The original/first edition uses Christian Hebraists in the commentary. The revised/current edition has removed all the Christian scholarship.

• Like 3

Can Accordance work with The Master’s University to get The Legacy Standard Bible available?

I love Accordance and would love to work with this translation in Accordance.

• Like 5

Can Accordance work with The Master’s University to get The Legacy Standard Bible available?

I love Accordance and would love to work with this translation in Accordance.

They say: At the end of 2021 the full Bible will be released. For me it makes sense to wait until the full Bible is available. 

• Like 1