Copying Greek/Hebrew copies also something strange

Mendel

Hi, I am using CopyQ as my clipboard manager in Windows 10. When I copy a Greek/Hebrew word it copies also something strange at the same time. For example, copying "κύριος", I also get "ku/rioß" (Beta Code?). First I taught that this is the transliteration but copying as transliteration I get "kyrios". I use normal STRG+C. Copying Greek/Hebrew everywhere else, I never have this issue. What can this be and how do I turn it off?

Mendel, unter Einstellungen --> Export, kannst du "Alle Zeichen im Unicode-Format exportieren" anwählen. 

Grüsse

Fabian

Is it a font issue by chance?

How can I find it out? 

Mendel, unter Einstellungen --> Export, kannst du "Alle Zeichen im Unicode-Format exportieren" anwählen. 

Grüsse

Fabian

Was muss ich verändern? Diese Option ist ausgewählt und lässt sich nicht verändern 

post-35970-0-94851000-1579990450_thumb.jpg

It doesn't look like a font issue. Never having use a copy manager I installed CopyQ. I see two entries added an OL copy from Acc. See below.

post-32023-0-05910400-1579990872_thumb.png

It seems to be a deliberate attempt by CopyQ to create a plain text version. It could I suppose be Acc providing two forms of output.

The most recent, and hence the one used by ctrl-v is the Unicode one so paste behaviour looks correct and the other entry could be ignored. Is it causing you a problem somehow ?

Thx

D

• Like 1

It doesn't look like a font issue. Never having use a copy manager I installed CopyQ. I see two entries added an OL copy from Acc. See below.

attachicon.gifcopyq.PNG

It seems to be a deliberate attempt by CopyQ to create a plain text version. It could I suppose be Acc providing two forms of output.

The most recent, and hence the one used by ctrl-v is the Unicode one so paste behaviour looks correct and the other entry could be ignored. Is it causing you a problem somehow ?

Thx

D

Thanks for trying it out. I causes no real problems but I am using Goldendict and control+c+c opens a popup window and searching my dictionaries for the word in my clipboard. I will ask about that in the CopyQ Forums. I don't why it's never a problem copying Greek/Hebrew from other sources. 

Edited by Mendel

Interesting. I just pulled some Greek from Scaife and indeed it only creates one entry. Same from Greek in Notepad++.

Hmmmm.... that might well argue that it's something in Accordance.

BTW, I could not find a preference in Accordance that changes the behaviour. But copy of English text only creates one entry in CopyQ.

Hopefully, Acc dev can shed some light on this.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל