KJV translator notes?

vparunak

Are the marginal notes by the KJV translators available in Accordance? I find notes to lots of other versions (under Reference Tools/Translator Notes), but I can't find the KJV notes anywhere.

I am not aware of this as an Accordance module, though it would be interesting to have available.

If it's any help, I have found a very nice compilation of all the marginal notes from the 1611 KJV here: http://en.literaturabautista.com/exhaustive-listing-marginal-notes-1611-edition-king-james-bible

OSchrock, thanks for that. It took just a few minutes to make a user tool. It won't scroll alongside the KJV, but at least it's in Accordance for easy reference with all the scripture references converted to links.

• Like 1

I am not aware of this as an Accordance module, though it would be interesting to have available.

If it's any help, I have found a very nice compilation of all the marginal notes from the 1611 KJV here: http://en.literaturabautista.com/exhaustive-listing-marginal-notes-1611-edition-king-james-bible

I've just asked permission to use the notes in an Accordance module.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 6

Hendrickson Publishers  produced a "A reprint of the edition of 1611" KJV in late 2003. Things I liked about this edition is the use of Roman typeface, front matter giving good background information, and the inclusion of the notes and section headings. Those notes and headings are fascinating! Oh, I had another such product that used the original font of the 1611 edition. After a few hours I was fairly well acclimated to the font, but I gave it to my son for his enjoyment and much younger eyes. Yes, I still get out that Hendrickson product to check out the notes, so the notes will be something nice to have in Accordance, if possible.

Shalom,

Joseph

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...