Improvement with GK vs Strongs in live click

John Fidel

When I have texts using GK numbers included in a group with texts using Strongs numbers and click on a word using live click, the results are still incorrect for the texts using a different numbering system. I thought there was a fix for this in the last update, but I am not seeing it.

Acc 13.04 OS 10.14.6

• Like 2

Hey John,

I'm using Windows 10 and the 'Improved a Live Click Research of key numbers to work better between Strong’s and GK' update has been implemented in 13.0.4, I've been testing it on various words. Maybe this is a Mac OS only issue but it's in the release notes for both Mac and Windows?

Paul 

Thanks for following up. Does it re-map the underlying number you click on so it is correct? The Mac version simply looks up the number regardless of whether it is GK or Strongs. I cannot have mixed numbered texts in the same group.

Glad it is fixed for Windows. Just curious if it is something in my set up.

Hi John, 

I've just checked again and it's not fixed in Windows either, I thought it was...

If I live click from a Strongs version (eg ESV) the versions using GK numbering are listed in the live click results but not actually shown (I had assumed they were in my quick check earlier).

But if I live click from a GK numbering version (eg Mounce) then the versions using Strongs are listed and shown but the wrong word is shown as before.  

Here are a couple of screen shots using the word 'encourage' from 1Th 5:11 as before to illustrate the above two scenarios...

Hopefully someone from Accordance can assist to fix...

Thanks Paul 

post-33969-0-51009100-1580409930_thumb.jpg

post-33969-0-54267900-1580409947_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just checking someone from Accordance has noted this? 

Seems the 'Improved a Live Click Research of key numbers to work better between Strong’s and GK' update in 13.0.4 isn't working in either MacOS or Windows...

Checking someone from Accordance has noted this as no response to the above...?

I've made shortly after the release of Live Click a suggestion to improve this feature. So this is an issue since 1 1/2 year and nothing has done. Except Dr. J. mentioned in the Podcast after my suggestion to advertise Accordance this will not be addressed. So my hopes are very small. 

• Like 1

I've made shortly after the release of Live Click a suggestion to improve this feature. So this is an issue since 1 1/2 year and nothing has done. Except Dr. J. mentioned in the Podcast after my suggestion to advertise Accordance this will not be addressed. So my hopes are very small. 

Hopefully this is nearer to being realised, as the release notes for 13.0.4 stated 'Improved a Live Click Research of key numbers to work better between Strong’s and GK', after being discussed in a different thread, but unfortunately the update isn't working properly... Hopefully in 13.0.5 this will be fixed?

• Like 1

Further updates to GK/Strongs conversion are scheduled to be implemented in the 13.0.5 release. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this is nearer to being realised, as the release notes for 13.0.4 stated 'Improved a Live Click Research of key numbers to work better between Strong’s and GK', after being discussed in a different thread, but unfortunately the update isn't working properly... Hopefully in 13.0.5 this will be fixed?

I have seen this, I read the release notes every time 2 or 3 X.

Further updates to GK/Strongs conversion are scheduled to be implemented in the 13.0.5 release. 

Thanks Mark - this is good news!  :)

Thats great to hear. I'm curious if the developers was inspired of my suggestion or not ;)

Edited by Fabian

• 1 month later...

Thanks Mark and Accordance Team,

I have just updated to 13.0.5 and this is indeed fixed and so far is working beautifully! 

Fabian will be delighted I'm sure... :)

Paul 

• Like 1

Thanks Mark and Accordance Team,

I have just updated to 13.0.5 and this is indeed fixed and so far is working beautifully! 

Fabian will be delighted I'm sure... :)

Paul 

Yes I am. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

Please review the analytics when the live click search texts include both Strongs and GK numbers. The research search results are correct, but the analytical analysis by work or key number is still wrong. Here is a live click on the word prayer.

post-1391-0-45893200-1586592101_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Please review the analytics when the live click search texts include both Strongs and GK numbers. The research search results are correct, but the analytical analysis by work or key number is still wrong. Here is a live click on the word prayer.

Team Accordance, any word on this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Team Accordance,

Just checking this has been picked up, as no response? Is this due to be corrected in 13.1?  Thanks

This is all working for me.  I did a live click on a KEY G4335 word in ESV, opened up my analytics, and they are all showing correctly.  If you are reproducing the error, pb, can you please post a from-empty-workspace sequence of steps that reliably reproduces it for you?

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 1.16.39 PM.png

Edit: Ah, that seems to be it!  Mine set to just the book range seems to work more reliably, while no limit more reliably reproduces your error.  Thanks for the report.

• Like 1

Thanks Joel, appreicate your following up on this  :)

This is all working for me.  I did a live click on a KEY G4335 word in ESV, opened up my analytics, and they are all showing correctly.  If you are reproducing the error, pb, can you please post a from-empty-workspace sequence of steps that reliably reproduces it for you?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2020-05-06 at 1.16.39 PM.png

Edit: Ah, that seems to be it!  Mine set to just the book range seems to work more reliably, while no limit more reliably reproduces your error.  Thanks for the report.

Hi Joel,

If you look at your screenshot, the analysis pane shows GK#s but the heading in the dropdown is Word, not Key Number. I reported this separately, but do not recall any reply from Accordance on it.

Yes, that is a bug in the beta that has been logged, thanks!