Jump to content


Photo

Verse Linking in Imported TXT File


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jarcher

jarcher

    Platinum

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Dakota
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:02 PM

I experience lots of issues in proper verse linking when attempting to import this file.

 

I cannot figure out why it occurs.

 

Attached File  Discipleship Journal.txt   13.8KB   11 downloads



#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

    Administrator

  • Admin
  • 6,036 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:39 PM

What sort of issues are you experiencing?  Everything auto-linked for me just fine, except for a couple of 2 John and 3 John references, as the characters are a bit ambiguous (really should use semi-colons between books), and the numbers were treated as an extra verse in John.


Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist


#3 jarcher

jarcher

    Platinum

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Dakota
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for taking a look!

 

Here is a screenshot example. The first reference, for example, doesn't link but as far as I can tell the Matthew reference is valid.

 

Attached File  Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 12.16.13 PM.png   322.88KB   0 downloads



#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

    Administrator

  • Admin
  • 6,036 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:48 PM

It looks like that file was UTF8 with BOM encoded, which has some extra characters we don't support.  That explains the gibberish and the failed initial matthew link.  You can open it in any good editor (I highly recommend BBEdit) to correct its encoding to MacRoman before importing.

 

That being said, I do see some of the references being missed during this import.  We'll investigate this.  In the meantime, try making a new user tool, copy/pasting in the references, and clicking the Auto-link button.  its a bit slow, but it should get everything except the two aforementioned references.


Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist


#5 Fabian

Fabian

    Mithril

  • Super Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:52 PM

 I do see some of the references being missed during this import.  We'll investigate this.  

 I experienced this as well in my last import of a User Tool. Not on all but on some. 


Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE!
Bring more international Bibles to the store,
fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,
develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,
in nearer future.

#6 jarcher

jarcher

    Platinum

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Dakota
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:35 PM

Weird. I've been using Sublime Text and see no unusual characters.

 

Copy / paste worked.

 

Thanks!



#7 Fabian

Fabian

    Mithril

  • Super Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:44 PM

Also with BBEdit you'll see no unusual characters. Save anyway as utf-8. Not utf-8 with BOM. <-- forbidden ;) Or better what Joel wrote. MacOS Roman.


Edited by Fabian, 13 February 2020 - 03:46 PM.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE!
Bring more international Bibles to the store,
fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,
develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,
in nearer future.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users