Photo

Unable to open two separate I stances of Accordance on iPad. What am I doing wrong?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:02 AM

I’m tempted to buy Screens on iPad to connect to an iMac running Accordance. Screens supports iPadOS mouse input.

Have you a link?

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE!
Bring more international Bibles to the store,
fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,
develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,
in nearer future.

#22 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Accordance Version:3.x

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:14 PM

If its the same sort of app ive been looking at, then i think its this one. 

https://apps.apple.c...ens/id655890150

search your app store for "screens"

Have you a link

Edited by ukfraser, 23 April 2020 - 05:16 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 13x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 13x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#23 zcostilla

zcostilla

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:35 AM

just in case I sound like I am always complaining..... to keep it in perspective...

While I obviously want to see as many of the excellent features from the desktop app make it across to the mobile version, I am truly grateful that I CAN slouch on the sofa and hold in one hand the equivalent of a very large bookcase which in physical form would crush me. :D

Thanks Accordance Team for the great products, and look forward to where you will take them going forward.

John

I’d like to second this! Accordance is absolutely wonderful and is almost exclusively the only app I need for Bible on my iPad. I only use Bible.is for an audio bible when driving (man I’d love an audio Bible for accordance!)

That said, the only real reason I use Accordance on my Mac is for expository sermon outlines, because I really need three or four panels to see the passage, search for cross reference verses, keep a commentary open, and edit my user notes for sermon outlines. And to be honest, if I could just view and edit a user note within it’s own pane, even if it meant keeping only two panes total, I would probably hardly ever use accordance on my Mac.

• ukfraser likes this

#24 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:04 AM

I only use Bible.is for an audio bible when driving (man I’d love an audio Bible for accordance!)

Ive requested one before and have ended up with the niv read by david suchet (which was a free app outside of the usa and canada a few weeks ago) But there is a thread with lots of other suggestions. 

https://www.accordan...?hl=+niv +audio

Accordance does have these if you want to exercise a different part of your brain while driving. 

https://www.accordan.../?pid=GNT Audio

https://www.accordan...Hebrew Audio-OT

;o) 

(please dont attempt to use a lexicon while driving!)

Edited by ukfraser, 01 May 2020 - 06:05 AM.

• zcostilla likes this

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 13x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 13x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#25 zcostilla

zcostilla

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:12 AM

Ive requested one before and have ended up with the niv read by david suchet (which was a free app outside of the usa and canada a few weeks ago) But there is a thread with lots of other suggestions. 

https://www.accordan...?hl=+niv +audio

Accordance does have these if you want to exercise a different part of your brain while driving. 

https://www.accordan.../?pid=GNT Audio

https://www.accordan...Hebrew Audio-OT

;o) 

(please dont attempt to use a lexicon while driving!)

I’m a KJV guy. I bought the Alexander Scourby audio Bible in MP3 probably 10 years ago. But I have to manually select the chapters. If Accordance paid for the rights to use his audio, I’d pay for that module! Plus, it would be ANOTHER GREAT OPTION to have the daily devotion read out loud. There are times I’ll listen to the Bible for two or three books, but there are also hectic days, and listening to my devotion while taking my exercise walk might save me time and still plant a seed for further study when the walk is over.

Also, Apple Music is stupid, because syncing with my Mac deletes EVERY playlist I made on my iPhone. Plus every time Apple updates the music app, it deletes my MP3s from the phone’s music library and I have to repeat the process all over again. I gave up on Apple Music and moved to a Spotify subscription because all the songs I had as local MP3s are there except my audio Bible. But I hate going through and syncing every month or two when I shouldn’t have to.

• ukfraser and Fabian like this

#26 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:10 AM

So Which translation should accordance go with and then who do they go with reading whichever translation they decide?

the phrase, rock and hard place springs to mind. 

at least we do have other options and im very pleased with my niv app, but it is nice having everything in one place, particularly on mobile devices. 

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser, 02 May 2020 - 10:58 AM.

• zcostilla likes this

Fraser Sims

#27 zcostilla

zcostilla

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

So Which translation should accordance go with and then who do they go with reading whichever translation they decide?

the phrase, rock and hard place springs to mind. 

at least we do have other options and im very pleased with my niv app, but it is nice having everything in one place, particularly on mobile devices. 

;o) 

I get that. I don’t intend to make the decision of versions for others. But I’d be willing to pay for the option of the Scourby audio Bible 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users