Accordance Services for Mac Equivalent in Windows

KevinPurcell

I'm in the process of switching from a Mac as my primary laptop to a MS Surface Laptop 3. So, one too I used in MacOS was the services. Is there something like that for Windows? Specifially, I'm looking for the way to copy bible verses from Accordance into Word the way you can with the services in macos.

Does the Get Verses feature not work? I mean the build in, not the one you installed separately.

I agree with Fabian. The Get Verses ( <Ctrl><Alt>A ) feature works flawlessly to Word, or LibreOffice Writer. All the formatting comes along (if you choose). I was very pleasantly surprised when I switched to Accordance. 

Ditto on the Ctl-Alt-A. The only snag I've hit with it is in the Windows app version of OneNote (it works fine with One Note 365). Other than that, it works great and inserts into Word easily.

The built-in ⌃⌥a function will work, but alas, sadly no, there is no macOS Services equivalent in Windows.

Remember Kevin, when I was telling you that the Macintosh rocks and Windows ... how shall I put this... doesn't? :-)

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 2

How does one use the Get Verses feature. When I'm in Word and highlight a verses CTRL+ALT+A does nothing.

OK I see that you have to do this from Accordance and not from Word, so no that is not an equivalent however it is similar to the Copy Bible Verse tool in Logos which I've repeated talekd about with Accordance employees and never once been told about this feature. Hmm. That's interesting.

Kevin, this does not require you to be in Accordance to function.  Perhaps the feature is not enabled?  Check Preferences -> Export -> Enable Get Verses.  Alternatively, perhaps the keyboard shortcut got changed in Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts?

I'm not familiar with the Copy Bible Verse tool, but you can read more about the feature here:

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win13/Default.htm#topics/10_ref/db/db_get_verses.htm?Highlight=get%20verses

Its a very handy way to insert verses directly into a word processor of choice.

• Like 1

While you DO NOT have to be in Accordance for it to function, I do believe Accordance needs to be running. Mine works well in Windows 10 but I have Accordance running and minimized to the tray.

Bob

Hi Joel,

I just tried this from inside LibreOffice on Win 10.

It certainly can work but there are some issues.

First it can appear behind other windows or on another display rather than on the display I am on.

I got it to work once and paste GNT-EPT Jn 1:1 into my doc. Subsequent attempts got a popup from LO saying "Requested clipboard format is not available".

I don't have a lot of time to experiment right now but :

If I go to Acc and use Ctrl-Alt-A and paste something to LO that works reliably. Once I've done that once then I can go to LO and do another ctrl-Alt-A and paste into LO. But the second attempt fails as above.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל