Clarification on User Tool Import formats

TYA

I just want to be sure here.  Can I only import a User Tool in PDF, HTML, Plain text, and TLG?

Since Accordance currently blocks me from editing most of my imported PDF's and HTML's by throwing up any number of error messages (which has not been fixed in 3-4 months), I am unable to edit these once they have been imported.  (Just trust me on this as I continue on...)

I have no idea what a TLG file is, but it doesn't sound like something I've ever used.  And Plain text sounds like it can't handle Hebrew (am I correct?)

So right now, Accordance only allows formats that 1) I can't edit once I've imported them, or 2) won't support a Hebrew-English text that I want to import.  Does this sound correct so far?

I'm asking because it seems that other Bible software's use MS Word doc (docx) format, which although said other Bible software's don't allow for "real-time" editing of an imported document, the user can fairly quickly open the MS Word doc and edit it, and then re-import it (without random, prohibitive Accordance errors).

I'm just wondering friends, am I seeing this situation properly?

Hello TYA

TLG  not available anymore, but there is also the PHI

Plain text, you can simply copy paste in the edit window with Greek and Hebrew, but there will be lost the heading information, which should definitely be developed.

Plain text, you can simply copy paste in the edit window with Greek and Hebrew

So, are you saying that I would manually have to add all Greek and Hebrew text into the User Tool, after I import it as plain text?

Suppose my document is 100 pages long, half of it being in Hebrew.  Obviously, I don't want to have to manually type or paste all that Hebrew into a User Tool.  I want it to import fully complete, and ready to go.

Am I understanding you correctly regarding the fact that Plain Text will not allow Hebrew and Greek import into Accordance?

Edited by TYA

No the other way, Hebrew and Greek will be in. The reason I prefer the HTML is because the headings are in, (I'm not sure right now because Accordance don't tell about it. But there was another problem if you have imported as HTML. the encoding was then in Unicode which is not supported in User Tools. So either way it is a cripple).

TLG import still works if you have access to the files.

• Thanks 1

TLG import still works if you have access to the files.

Unfortunately I don't. But the PHI CD is still available. 

Thanks for all the responses everybody.  Until "Find on Page" is introduced, and these manifold bugs are dealt with, I hate to say that the import features are next to useless for me.  (Even manually created User Tools have now shown glitches, such as losing pictures, which I reported elsewhere).

I still hope for a big overhaul for the User Tool and User Bibles. Until this happens the material I want to import has to wait. I don't want to invest a lot of time for a clunky result. 

As I began with Accordance (after some trial with the emulator which was devastating) User Tool was not even able to accept German Umlaut. Since then some minor improvement was released, but the big overhaul is still one of my top wishes. I would love to have features that are better than Logos, BW, WordSearch, and yes Swordsearcher and Laridian together. Swordsearcher and Laridian had a special importer tool. The later has one that lets you create tools which you can sell. But first I would prefer a full unicode platform, so the restrictions of the MacOS Roman are eliminated. 

• Like 2