Catholic Lectionary Questions

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Included in the CSB is the lectionary. I originally created my User Tool version of the Sunday lectionary so that I could use readings from the texts of my choice.

1. I am interested knowing if the Catholic lectionary module permits one to choose the texts used ?

2. I realise it doesn't include the gospel acclaimation. I don't know if it includes the Psalms, but that would also be good to know.

3. I'm guessing it doesn't yet work on Android ?

4. A screenshot or two of it in action would be helpful ?

I am trying to figure out if I can deprecate my UT method in favour of this module.

Thx

D

1. Yes, as with any Accordance Tool, you can select a primary and alternate Text to use with the lectionary.

2. It doesn't include the Psalms.

4. Note that the Catholic Lectionary doesn't yet sync automatically to the correct date as do our other devotional titles. 

Screen%20Shot%202020-02-18%20at%206.35.5

Screen%20Shot%202020-02-18%20at%206.34.3

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

On Android, it can be opened like any other tool and you can tap on the links, but there's no daily reading functionality.

post-35131-0-36175700-1582031849_thumb.png

In iOS, the daily reading view hasn't shown anything since the beginning of Ordinary Time. When it was working, it would show the references for the two or three readings of the day in one pane, and the text of all the readings in the chosen translation in the other pane.

Hopefully Mark will be able to fix it soon.

In comparison with the User Tool you shared with me, you get less references per day, because it doesn't include the Psalm or the verse before the Gospel. On the other hand, you get more days, because it includes the weekday readings and the readings for major feasts (those which can be celebrated on Sunday).

• Like 1