Finding repeated words?

Rod Decker

How does one find instances in GNT-T of repeated words? E.g., I'm interested in other passages that have a pattern similar to Mark 6:39, συμπόσια συμπόσια. I seem to remember this can be done, but have no clue how. I didn't find anything on the forums or the online help that sounded relevant.

And while I'm asking, how about the variation for a search string for this pattern: wordA και wordA (as in 2 Cor 4:16, ἡμέρᾳ καὶ ἡμέρᾳ)? Thanks.

Maybe I'll figure this out yet! :) I've attached a construct that does most of what I want, but it would require repeating multiple times to find all the various parts of speech. There's probably a more efficient way to do this.

And why in the world is my search highlighting Matt. 11:26 ὁ πατήρ?! All the rest are valid, but this ref. has an article and a noun highlighted.

- - -

Well, the upload of an 8K jpg fails: "Upload failed. Please ask the administrator to check the settings and permissions"

(And I'm told that I've only used: "Attachment space used 145.06K of 1000K")

- - -

The construct specifies a noun in two adjacent cols, connected by <within 1> and <agree inflected>.

And while I'm asking, how about the variation for a search string for this pattern: wordA και wordA (as in 2 Cor 4:16, ἡμέρᾳ καὶ ἡμέρᾳ)? Thanks.

Rod,

Use a Greek Construct window. Place an INFLECT element on the first and third columns (don't select any form, simply click OK and then write an asterisk) and a LEX (with the KAI) in the middle. Then drag an AGREE element between the first and third columns and check the Inflected form checkbox. That should give you what you are looking for.

Best,

Rod,

Use a Greek Construct window. Place an INFLECT element on the first and third columns (don't select any form, simply click OK and then write an asterisk) and a LEX (with the KAI) in the middle. Then drag an AGREE element between the first and third columns and check the Inflected form checkbox. That should give you what you are looking for.

Best,

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that is only matching the parsing, not the same word. E.g., I get hits like:

Matt. 4:24, συνεχομένους [καὶ] δαιμονιζομένους

:blink:

Whops! I figured this on out: have to mark *both* "lexical" AND "inflected" to make it work, and it now does. Thanks.

Now I'll see if I can figure out a variation for the original search query....

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that is only matching the parsing, not the same word. E.g., I get hits like:

Matt. 4:24, συνεχομένους [καὶ] δαιμονιζομένους

:blink:

Sorry, my bad. Use Lexical form instead of Inflected form.

Okay, I see you figured it out. As for the original request (repeated words in GNT-T), you can even use the same Construct and delete the KAI column. If you don't want the two words to be contiguous, use a WITHIN element. The Construct window is very flexible and extremely powerful; you just have to tweak it according to what you want to find, but it's all there ;)

Archived