DSSB-E bug

Fabian

Hello 

If I'm on "Verse" search and I type "sir" it goes to word "sir" not book "sir"

post-32723-0-16088700-1582984302_thumb.png

Coincidentally, I did this very same thing a few minutes ago and noticed that it defaulted to a search for "sir." You're in the DSS Bible, and I was in the SAAS where I noted the same result.

You're correct that Accordance should default to Sirach if the text contains it, especially if the search is set to verses.

• Like 1

Notice: I was even on Verse not in Word search. In a Word search it perfect if it goes to the word „sir“.

This has been standard behavior for all Accordance Texts since the launch of Quick Entry. If the abbreviation matches a word in the Text, and there is no reference following the abbreviation, the search will default to a Word search.

To bypass this behavior, you can either 1) press the "escape" key, 2) type in the full word, or 3) add a reference to the abbreviation to continue the Verse search. 

Interesting point: 

On the Zürcher-LEM it goes always to the Book section. If I type "Luk" This could be Luke or Lukas in the text. 

On the DSSB-E it goes (except one time as I tested it now) always to the Word section if I type "Sir"

O.K. I see now a little bit whats going on. If I use uppercase "Sir" it goes to the book "Sir" with lowercase to the word "sir".  Tested now with "ruth" and it goes also to the book section as there is no lowercase ruth in the text. 

I was surprised as I have opened the TextBrowser on Sir 0,1 and the DSSB-E came up. I clicked on the show more and the word "sir" was hit in the DSSB-E. This was the reason for the thread.

I would love if I type a word on the "verse search" it should go to highlight the Book first not the word in quick entry. That would be great if Accordance would follow this. And if the "Word search" is activated the word come up first if there is one. 

Edited by Fabian