Word processor link to installed Accordance 13

Larry Wing

It's been a long time since I tried but I thought I could have a Bible or resource location URL copied/pasted in a word processor. I think at the time it only worked with Word.

I've switched from Windows to Mac and want to include some links in Libre Office to Accordance but all I get now is taken to a web page and then an option to open Accordance.  Odd thing is that an old document I had with a couple links and opened one in Accordance to a NLT bible verse. Another to ESV just gave me a message that it's not an absolute link and can't open. Format on both links seem to be same.

I've also noticed that now copy as URL pastes as an actual URL.

Does this mean that I can't put links in documents anymore?

I searched for recent forum discussion but couldn't fine anything so I apologize it it's been discussed before.

There is now 13.0.4 an option in the Preferences where you can choose which one of the URL link form do you want to have.

Thank you Fabian but I haven't been able to get new links to open Accordance.  Maybe some other changes are needed on a Mac?

Larry, if you go to Preferences: Export, down at the very bottom there's an option for "External URL Style." The first option opens the intermediary web page, but the second option should allow you to open the link directly in Accordance. We have run into an issue with some applications not launching this link correctly. You can also past a link into the Research field on the toolbar to open the linked to resource.

Screen%20Shot%202020-03-02%20at%2011.31.

• Like 2

Thank you. I had done that but found my mistake.  When creating a hyperlink I didn't put the accord:// link in the Web URL box in Libre Office Writer.  Putting it there now opens Accordance at the correct location.

• Like 1

You can also past a link into the Research field on the toolbar to open the linked to resource.

Thanks I hadn't known this.