LINK error in construct searches

mtpeterson

I'm a new Accordance user haveing come over from Bible Works. Enjoying the experience so far. Accordance is a wonderful package.

So, here's my problem: I've tried all the construct searches in the instructional videos so I think I've got the basics under control. Or, so I thought until I tried something more advanced. My first search was to find all Hebrew verses in which the subject precedes the verb. Alas, I get the following error and would appreciate some advice on correcting my searches. Here's the error:

There are no search windows set up to display the search

results from the front ocontstruct window. The search window

requires the use of the [LINK] command with the construct 

window name.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Never mind. I hadn't linked the text window to the construct window correctly. So, even tho' the construct window was displayed the software was unable to link to the text to be searched.

... probably the first of many retractions  :rolleyes:

Blessings.

mtpeterson, welcome to Accordance!  Constructs are very powerful, and I'm glad you are checking them out.  A couple of extra things for you to keep in mind:

1) This behavior was actually improved in v13, which I highly recommend.  It will automatically try and create a good destination search tab for you, if your construct isn't linked anywhere.

2) The reason it worked this way in v12, though, was somewhat deliberate.  A construct doesn't have to link to a specific search tab.  You could even have the same construct link to 2, 5, 10 different tabs to do similar searches across different texts.  We didn't want to assume what the user wanted to link to.

3) As a tip, if you place your cursor in the entry box of a search tab before creating the construct, that search tab will automatically get linked, saving you a step.

• Like 1