Daily dose of Greek and Hebrew

mfisch53

I watch those videos through their iOS apps and that works pretty well. What benefit do you see in having them inside another program like Accordance or Logos?

I've wondered the same thing, so will be curious to hear what folks say. One thing that comes to mind is that you would see this resource show up in your Info Pane (presumably) if the verse(s) you're reading had a Daily Dose video for it/them.

Daily Dose is a great resource, so I also like the idea of the creators/producers having some way of monetizing it, which hopefully would enable continued content. I think this is one other advantage of licensing the work through Logos, Accordance, etc.

This would be great if at all possible

I watch a DDG video on YouTube every morning, first thing, with my coffee. 

(Read that sentence again... doesn't sound like a great idea before the brain really gets working.)

As part of an overall strategy to more easily incorporate media into Accordance, making DDG available within Accordance seems worthwhile.

But on it's own it seems kind of a waste of programming resources that could better be spent elsewhere. After all, you can get DDG delivered to your email inbox at about 4am PST every day. Or you can use your browser to bookmark the DDG YouTube channel or their web page. I get the convenience factor, but devoting development resources to one thing reduces the Accordance capacity to do something else.

My 2 cents, nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, if you are less than fully proficient in NT Greek (raises hand), regularly watching DDG is extremely helpful in lifting your abilities. You get to work through a book one verse per day. You get to review what I'd call "real-life" NT Greek, encountering and reviewing things as they occur. You get a sense of idiom, of style, of typical constructions. You get a review of paradigms, grammar and vocabulary not "by the book," but as they naturally occur, which helps you realize which ones are the most important. You learn them like a child learns their native language.

Am I now a Greek scholar? Hah. Not at all. But am I better at it than I otherwise would be? Surely. 

• Like 1

Something kinda like this?

Screen%20Shot%202020-03-09%20at%2011.16.

• Like 5

Don’t forget Daily Dose of Latin that just started, too :-)

• Like 1

By the way, the screenshot I posed above was from an internal module build from another Accordance employee, who created it last Fall as proof of concept. We do not have licensing and permissions to release anything like this to the public at this time, but it is something we will continue to consider.

• Like 4

Even if Accordance cannot license the Daily Dose of Greek one may create their own User Tool and create links to the videos.

Then one could add their own personal observations below the link from watching the video. 

• Like 2

Even if Accordance cannot license the Daily Dose of Greek one may create their own User Tool and create links to the videos.

Then one could add their own personal observations below the link from watching the video. 

Tony: Creating a user tool like then one Rich posted was certainly at the forefront of my thoughts. There are so many resources freely available on the web that are greatly enhanced when you can utilise them alongside your own Accordance library. 

I don't know exactly what value add "L" intends to add to there packaging of the material beyond what is already freely available (though I would agree with Abram the content certainly warrants support).