• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Jesse D

Jesse D

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Currently, I am interested in what makes up man according to the bible. I have a fairly robust understanding of man according to personality by way of Typology. I also have a passion for heavy Christian music such as Demon Hunter. God is good.
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 14 March 2020 - 03:08 PM

I'm still having trouble with triple click. There are two setting in amplify that I don't really know what they do or how they work.

When I have the "Override Key Numbers Dictionaries" selected, when I triple click nothing happens and IDK why.

I also do not know what "Include reference when amplifying from the text to tool (override with shift key)" actually does.

https://youtu.be/Y8R9ZPT2T-I

God is good. There is no greater lesson than this than that Jesus was hung on a tree, died, and for his perfect sacrifice God resurrected Him and set him above all things in heaven and earth. A tragedy turned to triumph - it is the greatest story that one can conceive of.

#22 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,776 posts
  • Accordance Version:5.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 14 March 2020 - 03:18 PM

When you triple-click on a Key Number Text (like the KJVS, NIV-GKE, ESVS, etc.), the default dictionary for that Text opens. The default dictionary for the KJVS is the Strong's Dictionary, for the ESVS it's the Mounce or Mounce/Kohlenberger Dictionary. Those dictionaries are hard-coded to the specific Text, and (in the past) you couldn't change them. Now, however, by selecting "Override Key Number Dictionaries", you can select a different Hebrew or Greek Lexicon in the amplify settings, and then when you triple-click it will bypass the hard-coded dictionary, and go to the lexicon of your choice.

If you have "Include reference when amplifying from a Text to Tool" selected, when you triple-click on a word (let's say you triple-click on "earth" in Genesis 1:1). It will open the lexicon you've selected to the entry for "eretz", AND it will find any reference to Genesis 1:1 in that article. The idea is to help you find the specific context of the word you're looking for in the lexicon.

Edited by Mark Allison, 14 March 2020 - 03:18 PM.

• Jesse D likes this

#23 Jesse D

Jesse D

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Currently, I am interested in what makes up man according to the bible. I have a fairly robust understanding of man according to personality by way of Typology. I also have a passion for heavy Christian music such as Demon Hunter. God is good.
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 14 March 2020 - 03:29 PM

When you triple-click on a Key Number Text (like the KJVS, NIV-GKE, ESVS, etc.), the default dictionary for that Text opens. The default dictionary for the KJVS is the Strong's Dictionary, for the ESVS it's the Mounce or Mounce/Kohlenberger Dictionary. Those dictionaries are hard-coded to the specific Text, and (in the past) you couldn't change them. Now, however, by selecting "Override Key Number Dictionaries", you can select a different Hebrew or Greek Lexicon in the amplify settings, and then when you triple-click it will bypass the hard-coded dictionary, and go to the lexicon of your choice.

If you have "Include reference when amplifying from a Text to Tool" selected, when you triple-click on a word (let's say you triple-click on "earth" in Genesis 1:1). It will open the lexicon you've selected to the entry for "eretz", AND it will find any reference to Genesis 1:1 in that article. The idea is to help you find the specific context of the word you're looking for in the lexicon.

Thank you Mark, that thoroughly answers my questions.

Edited by Jesse D, 14 March 2020 - 03:31 PM.

• Mark Allison likes this

https://youtu.be/Y8R9ZPT2T-I

God is good. There is no greater lesson than this than that Jesus was hung on a tree, died, and for his perfect sacrifice God resurrected Him and set him above all things in heaven and earth. A tragedy turned to triumph - it is the greatest story that one can conceive of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users