• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,889 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:51 PM

Save up to 78% off as you zero in with the best LEXICONS & LANGUAGE RESOURCES in the Accordance MARCH GLADNESS: STAY FOCUSED SALE! Also save on essential Bible dictionaries for your Accordance Library.

πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament (15 volumes)β€”78% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ TDOT Volume 16 (Aramaic Dictionary)β€”50% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Theological Dictionary of the New Testamentβ€”60% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ TDNT Abridged (Little Kittel)β€”43% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ BDAG/HALOT Add-on bundleβ€”25% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Dictionary of Classical Hebrew (8 volumes)β€”43% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Concise Dictionary of Classical Hebrewβ€”43% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Liddell & Scott's Intermediate Lexiconβ€”40% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Complete Word Study Dictionary (OT & NT Combo)β€”50% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary (6 volumes)β€”33% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ IVP Bible Dictionary Series (8 volumes)β€”67% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ IVP Pocket Dictionaries Bundle (15 works)β€”53% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Fully Revised (4 volumes)β€”46% OFF!
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ The New Unger's Bible Dictionaryβ€”50% OFF!
πŸ†“ NEWSLETTER-ONLY SPECIAL! DID YOU SEE IT?β€”FREE!

For more information, please see today's blog post!

Sale prices are good through Monday, March 16, 2020 (11:59 PM EDT).

• Johannes, ukfraser and MattChristian like this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Accordance Version:3.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:08 PM

NEWSLETTER-ONLY SPECIAL! DID YOU SEE IT?β€”FREE!

thanks for the heads up!!!!

saw your post before i had received the newsletter but its arrived now and checked with a bit more attention!!!

;o) 

• R. Mansfield likes this

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 13x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 13x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#3 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:22 PM

I get no newsletter even if I have signed last time.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE!
Bring more international Bibles to the store,
fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,
develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,
in nearer future.

#4 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,889 posts
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:23 PM

I get no newsletter even if I have signed last time.

Send your email in a direct message, and I'll make certain you get on the email list.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

#5 Diatheke76

Diatheke76

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Study God's Word with my Bible Software. Still trying to learn how to play the guitar.
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:01 PM

I downloaded my free copy this afternoon! Thank you πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

#6 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 10 March 2020 - 07:20 PM

The price of TDOT is amazing... I bought it too earlier. 

#7 Jesse D

Jesse D

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Currently, I am interested in what makes up man according to the bible. I have a fairly robust understanding of man according to personality by way of Typology. I also have a passion for heavy Christian music such as Demon Hunter. God is good.

Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:47 PM

I will definitly be making a purchase this Friday. The problem is what to get? I would say my price range is around $60 or so. I an trying to learn Hebrew, but I will not say no to a really good Greek lexicon. I am a word nerd so I love looking up words. I would prefer a lexicon for both Greek and Hebrew and Aramaic, but would settle for something with just the OT. I have the New Bible Dictionary which has been tremendous with my studies, but I'm looking for lexicons now. I was thinking of upgrading the BDB Abridged which is $50 for the upgrade. That would be my first pick, but these are things that are on sale and since looking up specific words is SUCH a big thing for me, I can't really pass this up!

Recommendations would be welcomed.

https://youtu.be/Y8R9ZPT2T-I

God is good. There is no greater lesson than this than that Jesus was hung on a tree, died, and for his perfect sacrifice God resurrected Him and set him above all things in heaven and earth. A tragedy turned to triumph - it is the greatest story that one can conceive of.

#8 Johannes

Johannes

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:50 AM

Hello, I have a question on the abridged versions of Kittel and Liddell & Scott. What are the differences according to the full versions? Let's say, I make a word study on Gehenna. What will I get in the abridged versions and what will I get in the full versions?

Thanks!!!

PS: I wouldn't have these problems if there was no sale! ;-)

Bibellesen mit Accordance: http://accordancebible.de

#9 Johannes

Johannes

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:58 AM

I got an answer via email. Thanks!

Bibellesen mit Accordance: http://accordancebible.de

#10 Jesse D

Jesse D

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Currently, I am interested in what makes up man according to the bible. I have a fairly robust understanding of man according to personality by way of Typology. I also have a passion for heavy Christian music such as Demon Hunter. God is good.

Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:09 PM

I am weighing 2 options right now for purchase today.

I am definitely planning on getting the Hebrew/Greek Discoverer at some point for sure.

The two option both are Lexicons for Greek and Hebrew.

These are the options:

The combo of OT and NT that is offered now for $40: https://www.accordan...?pid=CWSD-OT-NT

The Concise Dictionary of Classical Hebrew ($40) + Theological Dictionary of the New Testament ($40) = ($80)
https://www.accordan...pid=Concise DCH

https://www.accordan...tails/?pid=TDNT

God is good. There is no greater lesson than this than that Jesus was hung on a tree, died, and for his perfect sacrifice God resurrected Him and set him above all things in heaven and earth. A tragedy turned to triumph - it is the greatest story that one can conceive of.

#11 Brian W. Davidson

Brian W. Davidson

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:26 PM

The latter option. CDCH is a fantastic concise Hebrew lexicon that covers DSS and biblical. I haven’t used Little Kittel much but the big one is still a standard reference. Your first option isn’t a standard academic reference work.

Edited by Brian W. Davidson, 13 March 2020 - 04:27 PM.

• MattChristian and Jesse D like this

#12 Jesse D

Jesse D

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:35 PM

The latter option. CDCH is a fantastic concise Hebrew lexicon that covers DSS and biblical. I haven’t used Little Kittel much but the big one is still a standard reference. Your first option isn’t a standard academic reference work.

Thank you. I appreciate you point out the scholarly difference.

#13 MattChristian

MattChristian

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Twitter:@readingbackward
  • Interests:Assyriology, Dead Sea Scrolls, Semitic Linguistics, Language Contact, Hebrew, Greek, Syriac, Akkadian,. Ugaritic, Sumerian, Hittite,Jesus, Coffee

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:14 AM

I agree although CDH does not cover etymology much at all which is a let down. But still a good resource

Cheers,

Matt C

#14 Jesse D

Jesse D

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:17 PM

I agree although CDH does not cover etymology much at all which is a let down. But still a good resource

That is probably true, however, I do know how to recognize different characters as I have looked up some things about the Hebrew language. Based on what I have seen from this lexicon, it will be very helpful because it gives information of context in how these words are used and I always have the BDB abridged if I want more info specifically. It's a bit tedious AT FIRST, but I think it will be very handy especially when I upgrade to the Hebrew/Greek Discoverer.

#15 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:55 PM

Last chance to SAVE BIG on TDOT/NT, BDAG, HALOT, DCH, AYBD, and all the other important abbreviations! The Accordance MARCH GLADNESS: STAY FOCUSED SALE ends at midnight EDT tonight!

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

#16 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 04:16 AM

BTW I would love to have the Dictionaries which are available in German or to better say which are in original in German, if they come to Accordance. Logos is here far ahead.

• markusvonkaenel likes this
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE!
Bring more international Bibles to the store,
fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,
develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,
in nearer future.

#17 Jesse D

Jesse D

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:07 PM

Very happy with my purchases! Can't put a price on knowledge!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users