2 issues with latest release

JonathanHuber

I'm having two annoying issues with the latest release and would appreciate any suggestions. I reported them both during the beta but they're still in the release version. 

1) The mildly annoying issue is that the app crashes every time I sync with Dropbox if there are no updates. Like if I sync twice right in a row.

2) The really significant issue is that I frequently simply can't scroll in tools. If there are multiple sections and I tap the up/down arrows, then scrolling works. I cannot turn on page turning (the button slides to the right when I tap it, but page turning is not actually enabled and if I check page turning again it's back on the left and grayed out.) I also have a couple of user tools that aren't divided into sections so there are no up/down buttons, and in those modules I can't scroll at all. 

I've hesitated to call them bugs because, bizarrely, neither issue happens on my iPhone 7. They only happen on my iPad (2019 10.5"). I ended up deleting the entire app and reinstalling everything, thinking maybe something got corrupted in the process of upgrading to the beta and then to the release version, but after all that work it turned out to make no difference. I don't see any differences in the app settings 

If anyone has an idea of what might cause this, I'd love to hear.

Edited by JonathanHuber

Jonathan,

I'm sorry for missing your reports. I failed to look in all the potential locations for feedback.

That being said, I believe I've fixed the scrolling issue. I'll see about getting another beta posted quickly for you (and others) to test.

I can't repeat your other issues, however.

1) I've been trying to break Dropbox for a while and no dice. Is there any more information you may be able to give about your setup/workflow? 

2) Page turning is working, for me, on all the devices I have checked it on.

I tried these on my iPad Pro 9.7" and they worked: Dropbox didn't crash, and page turning works. Dropbox sync does tell me it's deleting the same file every time I sync, but it doesn't crash.

I don’t know what to say. My workflow is 1) tap sync, 2) tap sync with Dropbox, 3) watch app crash. If I change the main settings to sync with Dropbox instead of ask, then it just skips the middle step and crashes when I tap on sync. 

FWIW, I tried to sync with my laptop this morning (to transfer a converted user tool) and that crashed too. The crash wasn’t immediate. I tell the Mac program to sync with mobile, tell the iPad app to sync with Accordance, the iPad shows up in the dialog window, I click on iPad in that window, then ipad app crashes. It worked after I highlighted something on iPad (so there would be something new). 

The page turning issue was in the drop down from aA in upper right of a tool view, not in the main settings. 

Dropbox sync does tell me it's deleting the same file every time I sync, but it doesn't crash.

Btw I've had this happening for quite a while too but I learned to ignore it since there wasn't any true adverse effect.