Chonn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for reading. 

I'm still fairly new to Accordance, so I appreciate the help.

When I do a word search, say for the word "kingdom", and I get the results, how do I go to just the verse I have found without having to open a new tab and enter the verse? 

So for example, the results for "kingdom" in the NT, specifically lists John 18:36, "My kingdom is not of this world..." How do I open that verse in a new tab easily? I'm familiar with the "0" slider that gives me more verses after the result. But I'm wanting to read a larger context in a new tab. I've tried triple clicking but that doesn't work. 

It just seems there should be an easier way to get the verse opened in a new tab than for me to do the search, get the result, and then open up another tab and then enter the verse again to get the passage that I want to get at. 

Thanks for the help! :-) 

#2 Jesse D

Jesse D

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Currently, I am interested in what makes up man according to the bible. I have a fairly robust understanding of man according to personality by way of Typology. I also have a passion for heavy Christian music such as Demon Hunter. God is good.
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:21 PM

Hi!

I do not know if this will be helpful for you or not, but might help you in other ways if it doesn't, maybe.

Attached Files

https://youtu.be/Y8R9ZPT2T-I

God is good. There is no greater lesson than this than that Jesus was hung on a tree, died, and for his perfect sacrifice God resurrected Him and set him above all things in heaven and earth. A tragedy turned to triumph - it is the greatest story that one can conceive of.

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,211 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:24 PM

Hi Chonn!  This is a great question.  Since you've already discovered how to use the context slider, but want it in a different tab, use the Context option:

If you click in a verse, you can use Right Click -> Look Up -> Context, or the Amplify menu (or toolbar item) -> Context.  This will open a separate tab with that verse in its full context.

• Solly, Chonn and Jesse D like this

Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist

#4 Chonn

Chonn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:46 PM