An old problem rears its head

Donald Cobb

I thought I had posted this, but apparently it disappeared somewhere...

I'm sorry to be posting two bug reports in a row, both the same day! When Papers was first introduced in Accordance 12, there was a big problem with reproducing foreign characters that made it unusable in, e.g., French, the accents coming out as gibberish. That was taken care of fairly quickly. 

But now, I find that it's back again. In particular, it seems like the apostrophe (') as it is typed on a French keyboard is no longer coming out as it should but rather just as garbage. The same goes for the "é" (but not systematically, I'm not sure why). A rapid fix on this would be greatly appreciated! It makes Papers much less helpful for me. I'm trying to prepare a Bible study with it and I regularly have to correct or find some kind of workaround.

Thanks!

I can only reproduce this when the faulty characters are typed somewhere after a < or [

I will fix this case, but if you are able to reproduce the bug when you haven't previously typed a < or [, I have found a different bug than the one you're experiencing.  If that's the case, please pm me a dropbox link to the paper it happens in so I can fix your bug.

• Like 1