Popovers, Research in Lite, Copy Partial Instant Details

why1942

Questions as I'm testing:

1. Can I just hover over a Scripture reference and have a popup (popover) hover with the contents instead of click and hold (like it does for the Instant Details pane at the bottom, just hover over and it appears)?

2. Can I copy just parts of the content from the click-and-hold popover? Say I popover an entry from a Bible Dictionary with a lengthy entry and only want to copy the Scripture References listed at the bottom? Can I do this from the popover?

3. Similiar to #2, the Instant Details pane does not allow me to copy the contents at all. The copy contents button is grayed out.

4. Is Research search capability available on the Lite version? I thought for sure I did a search using it and it brought up several results but now the Research option in the menu dropdown is grayed out. Am I just imagining things? It is rather late....

5. Related to #4, when I did this All (research) search I couldn't seem to get the popover to work at all for the references in the results. Does this sound right or am I simply losing my mind and need to get some sleep?  

P.S. Very nice job on the instant Parsing. If theWord had this I probably wouldn't ever venture away. It is really nice and will help me as I learn Greek vocabulary.  

Thanks,

w

1.  Yes, this is possible.  You want to detach your Instant Details (the button that looks like a square popping off another square).  You then set Preferences -> Instant Details -> Automatically fade when floating.  Now, it acts like your own popup, appearing wherever you move it to, whenever there is relevant ID information.

2. Instant details currently only copies the entire thing. If you want to really be reading a Bible Dictionary entry, try triple-clicking on the word to open up the dictionary in its own tab.

3. When the ID is a zone, it is very transient - thus, by the time you move your cursor down there, there won't be any information to display!  To freeze the contents, and enable the copy, hold the Shift key.

4. You'll note that Research is a limitation of Lite: Lite Limitations

5. I'm not sure how you accessed Research in Lite mode, but the popover (and floating) instant details are working for me in my (Full Accordance) Research.

I'm glad you like the Instant Details!  Its an immense tool.  You may want to walk through some of the tutorials in Accordance to get a feel for other ways to study the text.

Not sure if you have seen but the greek starter is currently on offer if you just want to dip your toe in the accordance pool!

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Coll13-Starter-Greek

scroll down the page to see all the resources included in the package. 

1.  Yes, this is possible.  You want to detach your Instant Details (the button that looks like a square popping off another square).  You then set Preferences -> Instant Details -> Automatically fade when floating.  Now, it acts like your own popup, appearing wherever you move it to, whenever there is relevant ID information.

2. Instant details currently only copies the entire thing. If you want to really be reading a Bible Dictionary entry, try triple-clicking on the word to open up the dictionary in its own tab.

3. When the ID is a zone, it is very transient - thus, by the time you move your cursor down there, there won't be any information to display!  To freeze the contents, and enable the copy, hold the Shift key.

4. You'll note that Research is a limitation of Lite: Lite Limitations

5. I'm not sure how you accessed Research in Lite mode, but the popover (and floating) instant details are working for me in my (Full Accordance) Research.

I'm glad you like the Instant Details!  Its an immense tool.  You may want to walk through some of the tutorials in Accordance to get a feel for other ways to study the text.

#1 - I detached the instant details and then selected Automatically fade when floating, but it doesn't work. When I hover over a reference or a hyperlinked word or any word nothing happens. When I click and hold the popover comes up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.... 

#2 - I figured this would be the solution. I kind of figured it out just by playing around with it. A little disappointing. This is a feature in theWord that I used frequently. It allows you to hover over a hyperlinked word or reference, when the popup comes up, you hit SHIFT to get into the popover, then you can copy anything you want inside, just part, all, etc. But, I think I can work around this. I'm just surprised it's not already implemented.

#3 - This is also disappointing that the instant detail pane is only for viewing and the contents cannot be manipulated. Just as well, since I am working from a laptop and screen real estate is a premium. Since #1 and #2 don't seem to work as preferred, I will probably ditch the instant details pane altogether just to save room and open entries in their own zones when I need them. Then I can copy at will.

#4 - I was hoping it was limited in some way. That's disappointing I can't try that out in the Lite version. Maybe give us 25 searches to try it out in Research before hobbling it?  

#5 - I'm not sure how I accessed full Research either, or if I wasn't just hallucinating from lack of sleep! Either way, now I know. Unfortunately, the floating popover is not working for me anyway. Maybe it's a limitation in Lite or a glitch or just a problem with my install that will hopefully resolve when I upgrade to Starter. Finger's crossed. 

I'm currently going through all the podcast videos on youtube, then will go through the help files and the tutorials as I progress. TheWord has set a high bar, despite its deficiencies. That program is quite versatile. If the author had any desire to implement these key features I would stay, but he has voice no intention to move in that direction: PDF import, Dynamic Interlinear, Instant Parsing, Search All Research, etc. 

w

Not sure if you have seen but the greek starter is currently on offer if you just want to dip your toe in the accordance pool!

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Coll13-Starter-Greek

scroll down the page to see all the resources included in the package. 

I didn't realize it included the full starter program. Thanks for the tip. -sv

I found it again. I wasn't crazy or suffering from sleep deprivation after all. In the LITE version I can access Research through the Info Pane.

Say I have a bible version open with the info pane in parallel. When I go to any verse and the Info Pane populates, then I go to the Topics > Right Click on a hyperlinked word > Research Topic > All. Then I get a new zone and it returns the results. It seems a little buggy, though, as I mentioned last night. In the results window, as I scroll through and try to hover click hold over hyperlinks, some do popovers while others seem to open a new window. 

Probably an oversight, but it gave me some experience with Research before purchasing. 

w

I also found Research is usable from inside the browser in the LITE version. Highlight anything > right click > research.