Confused

rcdeacon

I am currently reading, making notes and highlighting in the book of Proverbs. I am using the CSB17S (updated to 2020) and in Proverbs 2:16 two women are mentioned, the "forbidden woman" and the "wayward woman". Just out of curiosity I was hovering over the words either "forbidden woman" and "wayward woman". The "wayward woman" is linked to H5237 (wayward) and H0802 (woman). However, in the CSB17S there is NO link to "forbidden" or "woman". In another product and in other translations (NKJV for one) forbidden and woman are linked to the Hebrew words. What is up with the CSB17S? In the other product I use, the CSB17S is linked! This is not the only incident where the CSB17S is missing data in the Accordance module.

Bob

Edited by rcdeacon

• 2 weeks later...

The key number information is provided to us by the publisher. In the case of Proverbs 2:16 and the "forbidden women," it's missing, as you've noted. I'll make sure it's added.
In the future, simply right-click on these sort of issues and select "Report a Correction" to let us know about these sort of things, and we'll make sure they're taken care of asap!

Thank you Mark. Sorry for not reporting it correctly but I actually thought it was related to something different. There have been other incidents (which I cannot remember) where tagging was missing. (I am comparing to another program). 

Bob

• Like 1

The key number information is provided to us by the publisher. In the case of Proverbs 2:16 and the "forbidden women," it's missing, as you've noted. I'll make sure it's added.

In the future, simply right-click on these sort of issues and select "Report a Correction" to let us know about these sort of things, and we'll make sure they're taken care of asap!

The issue in this verse is more than just a missing tag. The word אשה is linked to the wrong instance of "woman." 

The following shows the current linking compared to a correct linking. 

post-35053-0-42831500-1586899469_thumb.jpg

• Like 1