Multiple Select Items in Stacks? Plus Adding from Browser?

why1942

So, I'm on to exploring the Stacks feature, another selling point for me. 

Is there a way to select multiple items in a stack at the same time to copy and paste into a word processor or do you have to do it one item at a time? It's not a big deal, but if I'm doing research for a book I'm writing I could have 100+ snippets of information in a single Stack. If I use all of them, that would be copy and paste a 100 times. Seems like a multi select could be useful. Maybe I'm missing it?

If I had multiple select, I could use a different Stack for each chapter, organize them, then export all at once to Scrivener and be set with all my sources and citing ready to go. 

Also, how do you add content from a webpage in the internal browser to a Stack? Is it manual? Add User Item?

Thanks,

w

• Like 1

You can't currently select multiple items for Stack export, though this has been requested, and is on our feature list.

Web Browser contents can easily be added to a stack, just make a selection and click the Add to Stack toolbar item, or Ctrl+Alt+K, or Selection menu -> Add Selection to Stack.

You can't currently select multiple items for Stack export, though this has been requested, and is on our feature list.

Web Browser contents can easily be added to a stack, just make a selection and click the Add to Stack toolbar item, or Ctrl+Alt+K, or Selection menu -> Add Selection to Stack.

Gotcha. I always go for the right click menu and often forget the main menus at the top. Handy. Multi select would be necessary, though. There is a possibility, since you can print an entire stack at one time, printing to file (pdf) works rather well in windows 10. That could work if it was really necessary to use Stack. I'll keep playing with it. I like the idea of building lists of materials based on topic then pulling info as I need. Almost like a topical/doctrinal repository. 

w