Speech Recognition

craigminah

Hello.  I find myself frantically flipping through Accordance to keep up with my pastor and I was thinking it'd be nice if Accordance could enter a mode where it listens for the pastor to ask everyone to turn to "John 3:16", for example, and Accordance goes there automatically.  Another option that'd be nice is if Accordance could create bookmarks for a service by listening for the pastor for reading at home after the service is over.

• Like 1

"Another option that'd be nice is if Accordance could create bookmarks for a service by listening for the pastor for reading at home after the service is over."

Agreed!

While you wait You can use the two horizontal buttons to click through the history of readings you selected following you pastor. But there is a limit to the number it remembers and it does forget them after a while so its only a temporary work around. (Not sure what you use but i find grid is the quickest way to change readings rather than list.)

before a service i click through the set readings so i can use it to navigate during the service but thats just 4 which is fine. 

post-31185-0-19447800-1586193883_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

• 4 weeks later...

If this is going to happen, it would be helpful if this was a Siri command, and could be used anytime. Having the option for daily devotions would be great as well.

• Like 2

A while back, Joe Weaks posted a video showing how Siri / Shortcuts could be used to open Accordance to a specific verse. See https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/24621-siri-shortcuts/?do=findComment&comment=121016

Thanks, but I would love as a build in feature. 

As I requested earlier. There is a Bible App where you can talk, John 3,16 and it goes to there.

• Like 1