NA28 formatting

A. Smith

I've mentioned this before, and it applies to the previous versions of the Nestle Aland text as well. The printed text uses what I'll call 'tabbed spaces' to indicate sub-paragraph segmentation. So, in the text I happen to be working on at the moment, Romans 1.24; 26 have this extra 'tabbed space' that distinguishes them from simple word spacing, even in the justified text. You'll note that these two verses begin with inferential conjunctions and begin different subsections of the text (degradation of desires, vs 24, and degradation of passions, vs 26; there's another at verse 28). These spacings occur all throughout the text and are quite intentional. The NA text is very detailed and densely packed with info for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Anyway, for those who would like to use digital texts exclusively, these little details in the NA text can be very helpful. I would really like to see these integrated into the digital text. You'll see what I've described in the attached photo of NA28. 

post-29320-0-83490100-1586213534_thumb.jpg

Edited by A. Smith
  • Like 1

I just happened to notice, they preserve this spacing in the online edition at nestle-aland.com

post-29320-0-27262500-1586214367_thumb.png