Search results highlighted in multiple keyed texts?

JSGilliom

(I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'll start here. Also I have not searched extensively so I am not sure if this has come up before.)

I love being able to rub my cursor over a word in the GNT-T or BHS-W4 and being able to simultaneously see how the word is translated in several English tagged texts like the KJVS, ESVS, and NAS95S in parallel text panes. Is there a way to search for a Greek or Hebrew word and have not only all the occurrences of that word highlighted as usual, but also have the corresponding English words highlighted in parallel text panes (without having to rub the cursor over the searched word) ... or could this be implemented in the future?

Thanks,

John S Gilliom

We considered doing this but there are huge technical obstacles, so we settled for the key number highlighting for the present time.

Helen,

Thanks for the quick reply. Thank you for considering this if it ever becomes feasible.

(Once when I really wanted to see a word highlighted in two texts at once, I searched in an original text in one window. Then I searched for the key number in an English text in another window. I arranged the windows side by side on the screen and tied them together. In that way I could scroll down verse by verse and more or less "manually" get the results for a quick inspection in both texts at once.)

Blessings and thanks for such a great product!

The word under the cursor in a tagged text will highlight in all the key number texts, so you can put all 4 key number texts in parallel panes with the tagged text and see the parallel word highlighted in each pane.

And before someone asks the obvious question: key number texts currently include: KJVS, NAS95S, ESVS, and NIV-G/K. More are in the works.

Archived