Targum WordMap as Interlinear option?

dandennison

Hello,

I got to poking around on the WordMap, and it is indeed great.

It got me thinking, why doesn't this automagically integrate as an interlinear choice? I mean, Professor Gottlieb went to the trouble of aligning all of these books, we might as well be able to see them in the interlinear drop down.

Just my $0.02.

Dan

Edited by dandennison
  • Like 1

The Interlinear does not accommodate the extra words in the other versions, nor allow for them being out of order. Hence it really cannot display the Alignment correctly

Hello,

I got to poking around on the WordMap, and it is indeed great.

It got me thinking, why doesn't this automagically integrate as an interlinear choice? I mean, Professor Gottlieb went to the trouble of aligning all of these books, we might as well be able to see them in the interlinear drop down.

Just my $0.02.

Dan

The text browser is a good way to accomplish an "interlinear" of sorts. Far better, in my opinion, to the interlinear option.

• Like 1

Are there plans to offer additional alignments? The UI exposed seems to allow for this.

Are there plans to merge the interlinear feature into the alignments, at least allow inside the alignment to toggle additional items, e.g. MT-LXX

Dan: Yes, the coding is designed to be flexible enough for other alignments, but there are no current plans to prepare such databases. They involve a lot of work. Still, it would be good to start discussion on what projects might be worthwhile.