MacBook Air

Dataduffy

Just wondering if anyone can comment on how Accordance runs on a MacBook Air. 

I had the unfortunate case of dropping my MacBook Pro yesterday. If it is not possible to fix it, i was thinking about getting a new MacBook Air as a replacement, as I only really use the MacBook Pro for Accordance.

Any comments would be great,

thanks

John

It will run great on the new Airs

• Like 1

I have a MacBook Pro but it's literally 8 years old (doesn't even have a retina screen, can't run all the features of Catalina) and Accordance still runs great on it. The new Airs are much better machines.

My Air runs Accordance 13 fine. Some lag here and there but manageable. I also have Logos running and do not shut either program down very much so both are running a lot. Still works great

Accordance works great on my MacBook Air which is about 3-4 years old!

Bob

Edited by rcdeacon

Just got my new 2020 Macbook Air and it is amazing!  Runs Accordance just fine.  I have the top of the line loaded one; so no lag whatsoever.

Just got my new 2020 Macbook Air and it is amazing!  Runs Accordance just fine.  I have the top of the line loaded one; so no lag whatsoever.

I'm not a Mac user right now, but I'm pondering it in my heart.  Not sure what "loaded" means, but I've been wondering how it would do with 8GB of memory.  I found my Windows machine with 8GB would run low on memory if I had Accordance, a browser with a bunch of tabs, and a few misc. programs concurrently.  Does the low end Macbook Air handle that scenario well?

Wow, thanks for all the answers everyone. :)

very much appreciated.

John

I'm not a Mac user right now, but I'm pondering it in my heart.  Not sure what "loaded" means, but I've been wondering how it would do with 8GB of memory.  I found my Windows machine with 8GB would run low on memory if I had Accordance, a browser with a bunch of tabs, and a few misc. programs concurrently.  Does the low end Macbook Air handle that scenario well?

I switched to Mac a year or so ago. Far superior in terms of usability. I will NEVER go back to a PC

• Like 1

I switched to Mac a year or so ago. Far superior in terms of usability. I will NEVER go back to a PC

What are the specs of your Mac?

"Loaded" means at least get the maximum amount of RAM (in this case 16GB). This allows for much faster operation when running multiple programs (for example, Accordance + your favorite word processor + web browsers for research + other things you may need or want). The 512GB SSD should be a minimum. If you have a lots of other programs, pictures, documents and other assorted files you may want at least a 1TB SSD. Never attempt to use a drive that is just big enough to hold everything! In short, when you buy, get at top-of-the-line as you can. That will make it useful for many years to come and for all the things you inevitably add on later.

• Like 1

What are the specs of your Mac?

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.3

MacBook Air 13" (2017)

1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I have a 2010 Macbook Air  256 GB (SSD) and 4 GB ram.

Accordance 13.08 runs quickly and efficiently.  I can't say the same about other things. One of the top reasons I recommend Accordance to my students is because it works so well, update after update, on older machines. 

Edited by Dan Langston
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Did you guys have the same problem i have after install Accordance 13 in MBA?  I just got my MBA last week and installed Accordance 13 in it.  I saved the Accordance Folder to my Document.  Some functions require me to choose "Where the file is for ..." i looked up those folders, nothing i can choose.  Did I install it incorrectly or save the folder in wrong location?  thanks. 

The app should be in programs. The folder Accordance Files in Documents. 

Did you guys have the same problem i have after install Accordance 13 in MBA?  I just got my MBA last week and installed Accordance 13 in it.  I saved the Accordance Folder to my Document.  Some functions require me to choose "Where the file is for ..." i looked up those folders, nothing i can choose.  Did I install it incorrectly or save the folder in wrong location?  thanks. 

The only problem I had initially was I downloaded the App Store version and not the version from the Accordance site. That caused some problems for me. Other than that- No problems. I just got an Apple iPad Air and the Accordance App works great on it as well

If you're moving your entire Accordance 13 collection from an old Mac to a new Mac you just have to take note of the following three Accordance folders:

1. "Accordance" in ~/Library/Application Support/

2. "Accordance Preferences" in ~/Library/Preferences/

3. "Accordance Files" in Documents folder

I've always backup and restore these 3 folders whenever I move from an old Mac to a new one or reformat (clean install) an existing Mac. This should save and restore all your existing modules and sessions from last use. Been doing that since Accordance 9.

Edited by Ethan
  • Like 1