Untagged unpointed Hebrew Text

miketisdell

I know that this has been asked before but can Accordance please add an untagged and unpointed Hebrew text?

In the last two days I have had to resort to using Bibleworks because of limits caused by the way tagged texts are handed in Accordance. While I have the untagged text from Accordance exchange, searches using that text frequently crash Accordance. 

Unless Accordance make significant changes to the way they handle Tagged texts, a supported untagged and unpointed Hebrew text would be very valuable. 

Issues: 

1) Wildcard searches in "letters" mode are very limited, and in "words" mode, the tagging makes many searches impossible. 

2) The treatment of "words" in tagged texts makes general counting of words impossible i.e. language units rather than words are counted. 

Edited by miketisdell
  • Like 6

I would like this just to have a fresh look at a text less influenced by the MT type texts.

• Like 4

In the last two days I have had to resort to using Bibleworks because of limits caused by the way tagged texts are handed in Accordance. While I have the untagged text from Accordance exchange, searches using that text frequently crash Accordance. 

Unless Accordance make significant changes to the way they handle Tagged texts, a supported untagged and unpointed Hebrew text would be very valuable. 

Issues: 

1) Wildcard searches in "letters" mode are very limited, and in "words" mode, the tagging makes many searches impossible. 

2) The treatment of "words" in tagged texts makes general counting of words impossible i.e. language units rather than words are counted. 

So funny you should post this, Mike.  Coming from BibleWorks myself, I made a request here on the forum a while back, making a suggestion that Accordance provide unvowelized, untagged versions of all texts, to allow for "literal searches between the whitespaces."

I think that suggestion would be a lot easier than reprogramming Accordance to do what we want.  Anyway, I too would ***greatly*** like a more consistent across-the-board search process for ancient languages.  These were some of the very first posts (over 1,000 posts ago--whew!) that I made.

I love Accordance immensely, but I have had to make a "crib sheet" (cheat sheet) as long as your arm, just to try and recall all the intricate ways to search in the Research Tab for ancient languages.  On one hand, I'm supremely grateful to Accordance for all they've done, and what is now available, but I'm just chipping in a reminder that this improvement would greatly enhance original language searching.

Blessings all!

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

If you have BW, you can export the text and make an user Bible (for personal use).

Just export the unpointed Hebrew text from BW (WTT)

Or have a look here: https://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/hebrewot/home.html

Mine looks like this:

post-30442-0-71332400-1587290395_thumb.png

Edited by HansK