comparison text group

Kristin

I was trying to compare a verse in multiple versions, but the texts in the comparison pane is microscopic. I see that I can hit the Aa for each pane, but since there are so many I decided to create a saved workspace with the specific versions I always want to check enlarged.

However, I cannot figure out how to create a group of texts. When I click the dropdown I see several lists, including one called "English plus" which I must have created myself, but I cannot see where to find these lists to edit them or create others.

Any clarification would be appreciated, and I can attach a screenshot showing the dropdown box I am referring to.

Sincerely,

Kristin

post-35522-0-66214500-1587419241_thumb.png

Hi Kristin!

1) You can create groups in your Library.  They are listed under 'My Groups', and you can drag and drop items to them, or right-click on an item and choose Add to User Group.

2) You can change the size of all text browser panes by Option-clicking on the aA buttons.  You can also set a default text size in Preferences -> Web & Text Browser -> Use default font size fo all panes.

• Like 1

Hi Kristin!

1) You can create groups in your Library.  They are listed under 'My Groups', and you can drag and drop items to them, or right-click on an item and choose Add to User Group.

2) You can change the size of all text browser panes by Option-clicking on the aA buttons.  You can also set a default text size in Preferences -> Web & Text Browser -> Use default font size fo all panes.

Hi Joel,
Thank you very much for your help! I was able to edit that group (and rename it to something I would recognize), and the Option-aA greatly simplifies my life. :) If you do not mind, I have two further questions:

1) Concerning the “Web & Text Browser” in settings, I am not seeing this. I am currently running Accordance 12, and I think that this setting was added in Accordance 13. Is this correct?

2) I had bought Accordance 13 a few months ago, but it just did not work out for me at the time for various reasons, and so support helped me reinstall Accordance 12. I have been giving some consideration to re-downloading Accordance 13 to use certain features it has, while primarily still using Accordance 12. If I understood correctly from my conversation on the phone with support, if I have Accordance 12 and Accordance 13 both running at the same time they will crash, but that if I am careful to only use one at a time and to make sure the other is closed, it is possible to use both for different purposes. For example, I could go into Accordance 13 and change the text in Web & Text browser to something larger, and then close it and go back to Accordance 12 and it would remember the larger setting. Is this correct?

Thank you for any clarity you are able to provide.
Sincerely,
Kristin

Hi Kristin,

1) My v12 also has these settings, near the bottom.  They are below User Files, then Syncing, then Web & Text Browser.

2) You could do this, and it would work.  I recommend not switching back and forth often, though, as each swap is slow as Accordance re-validates.

Joel

• Like 1

Hi Kristin,

1) My v12 also has these settings, near the bottom.  They are below User Files, then Syncing, then Web & Text Browser.

2) You could do this, and it would work.  I recommend not switching back and forth often, though, as each swap is slow as Accordance re-validates.

Joel

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your help. :) I was able to find the settings you mentioned and I was able to increase the font size. Thank you also for letting me know about the Accordance 12 and 13 idea. I will be sure to keep what you said in mind before I re-download 13.

Take care,
Kristin