Instant Details with adjustable text sizes

Ahshuwah Hawthorne

I am enjoying the new Theo Journal Library but I am having a hard time with the footnotes. My instant details box is set for Medium size text which is a great size for reading bible verses but when I put my cursor over a footnote that is long, then I can only read the first four lines of it. I tried the small text size for the instant details but then it is too small to comfortably read my Bible verses. And clicking on the footnote brings me to the end of the document and I waste precious time trying to scroll back up to where I was reading.

Here is my request: An option that would shrink the test size of the instant details box to fit the length of the text within the box, but still use larger text when the details would fit within your box.

Thanks,

Ahshuwah

15" Macbook Pro

Two things:

1) If you click on the hyper-linked footnote at the bottom of the document (in the actual footnote entry itself) it will take you back to the spot in the article where you were originally reading, just like the footnote link in the article takes you to the footnote text. That should save you some scrolling time.

2) Do you notice that your footnote text in the instant details box is a size or two larger than Bible verse text in the instant details? I have this problem on every install, and it would be comforting to know I'm not the only one.

Thanks, and I hope point 1 helps.

I would love to see the Instant Details box grow or shrink to accommodate whatever it's displaying. Right now, when mousing over a text reference of more than one verse, it only displays the first verse. And if that verse it too long, then it will only displays as much as can fit in the box.

At least it would be a great option to turn on or off in preferences.

• 2 weeks later...

Robb,

Thanks for the tip on #1. Very helpful. And yes, I have noticed what you mentioned in your #2.

I also agree that having the option to have all of the linked scripture displayed in the details box instead of just the 1st verse would be very helpful.

Archived