Accordance crashes repeatedly when using Research

AndreasStutz

Hello,

Whenever I do a somewhat bigger search under "Research," the program crashes. This happens so often that lately I am avoiding using Accordance for a bigger search.

Today, it crashed because I searched the root עבת in Hebrew Lexicons. I tried to upload a short video to this page, but it says: "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file."

I tried to change the available RAM (paging file size), but this didn't help.

I use a new Dell laptop (Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU; Installed RAM 8.00 GB, 64-bit) with Win10. I have to note: I am no computer expert. Thus, simple language and clear instructions will be very appreciated.

Best regards,

Andreas Stutz

If you zip the file it works to upload here.

Hello,

Whenever I do a somewhat bigger search under "Research," the program crashes. This happens so often that lately I am avoiding using Accordance for a bigger search.

Today, it crashed because I searched the root עבת in Hebrew Lexicons. I tried to upload a short video to this page, but it says: "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file."

I use a new Dell laptop (Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU; Installed RAM 8.00 GB, 64-bit) with Win10. I have to note: I am no computer expert. Thus, simple language and clear instructions will be very appreciated.

Best regards,

Andreas Stutz

I should note: I have updated to Accordance 13 - But I had this problem already with Accordance 11.

Hello,

Best regards,

Andreas Stutz

I should note: I have updated to Accordance 13 - But I had this problem already with Accordance 11.

Hello,

Best regards,

Andreas Stutz

Hello,

Sorry for the strange messages above. I did not understand how it worked.

Anyway, I uploaded now a Zip-file of the video.

Thank you for the Idea!

Thankfully,

Andreas Stutz

accordance1.zip

Are all your modules up to date?

But anyway  a crash shouldn't come. 

Delete the Hebrew dictionaries and install it again via Easy Install. 

One of your Dicts is corrupt.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Wie du sehen kannst funktioniert die Research Suche. Aber nur bis zu dem Modul das defekt ist. Evt. alle Hebräischen Lexikas löschen und neu herunterladen. 

post-32723-0-40743700-1588505660_thumb.png

Gibt es ein Modul, dass du hast, welches oben in der Liste nicht erscheint? Dann wäre es das, oder das letze, welches in der Liste im Bild angezeigt wird. Oder ein Modul, das zwar beim Suchen nach "Entry" problemlos war, aber nun bei der Suche nach "Content" zickt. Somit wäre es Dict. of Classical Hebrew. Denn das käme als nächstes wieder.

post-32723-0-10906300-1588506187_thumb.png

Hast du eventuell bei einem Modul Highlights, oder sonstige Anmerkungen, die die Suche zerstören könnten?

Das Problem ist mir nicht unbekannt. 

Grüsse

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Vielen Dank!
Bitte entschuldige die Verspätung. Musste noch einige Einkäufe und Erledigungen machen.

Wie bist Du eigentlich darauf gekommen, dass ich Deutsch spreche? Wegen dem Namen?

Eine Frage: Wie deinstalliere ich ein Modul?

Liebe Grüße,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

The thing I would try first if there is a problem with research is this: rebuild the research cache.

Go to the main menu bar : Edit -> Preferences.

In that dialog choose the Reading/Research tab from the list on the left.

Click the Rebuild Research Cache button.

Then retry your research query

thx

D

• Like 1

Hi Ruby and Fabian!

Fabian's observation was correct and I fixed the bug. It works. I am sooo happy. Now I can do my searches.

Thank you!

Vielen Dank!

תודה רבה!

• Like 2

Hallo Andreas

Wunderbar, dass es geklappt hat. War es das vermutete Modul, oder hast du alle neu installiert?

Ja, dein Name war ausschlaggebend. 

Grüsse

Fabian

But that reminds me, I have a User Text which crashes the Reserearch. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1