Genealogies of the Bible images

Kristin

I am having some difficulty with Genealogies of the Bible by Nancy Dawson. In her commentary she has some texts, but she also has several images of family trees. Since there are so many family members the text found on the images is very small. there is a + and - button, but when you press the + it just zooms into the tiny box and does not expand the image. I tried closing instant details and going into full screen, but no matter what I do it just zooms in and leaves two extremely wide white spaces on the right and the left while cutting off the text on the right and left.

Is there a way to open the image to a new screen so that it expands similar to expanding the atlas or other images to full screen?

In case it is helpful, I had been looking at the family tree in Genesis 38:1-12 called "Summary Genealogy of Judah (Lineage of Kings, Bethelehemites, Judges, Founders of Cities, Priests, Wise Men, Scribes)".

Thank you for any help you are able to provide.

Sincerely,

Kristin

Kristen,

The entire box and everything in it should expand when you click on the "plus" button (or, if two-finger zoom is turned on in your MacOS preference settings, you can use that too). If that's not happening, you may want to make sure you have the latest version of the Genealogies (1.6). If that doesn't help, try restarting Accordance. If that doesn't help, uninstall the Genealogies module and install it again. And if that still doesn't help, you'll want to contact customer support.

Kristen,

The entire box and everything in it should expand when you click on the "plus" button (or, if two-finger zoom is turned on in your MacOS preference settings, you can use that too). If that's not happening, you may want to make sure you have the latest version of the Genealogies (1.6). If that doesn't help, try restarting Accordance. If that doesn't help, uninstall the Genealogies module and install it again. And if that still doesn't help, you'll want to contact customer support.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response. I think I need to try uninstalling it and reinstalling it again. I am not sure how to do that though. Could you please clarify the steps and what I would need to do?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

I believe the issue is that you have a relatively low ‘Maximum Pane Width’. In all honesty this shouldn’t affect the genealogy display, and we’ll try to fix this in the next update. In the meantime, try increasing the size, or disabling the restriction, in Preferences -> Appearance.

• Like 2

Hi Kristin,

I believe the issue is that you have a relatively low ‘Maximum Pane Width’. In all honesty this shouldn’t affect the genealogy display, and we’ll try to fix this in the next update. In the meantime, try increasing the size, or disabling the restriction, in Preferences -> Appearance.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your answer and I apologize for the long delay in replying. I went into my preferences and Appearances, and I do not see the "Maximum Pane Width". I saw the "Limit Text Width" though, which I am not sure is the same thing or not (I am actually not sure what this is). It had been set to 8 in, so I changed it to 10 in., but that does not seem to have helped.

It sounds like I need to wait for an update on the Genealogies. In case it is helpful, I am attaching a picture of the situation. On the left is the genealogy but it is too small to read. On the right is after zooming in, but it cuts off the text on the right and left and leaves large white boxes.

Thank you for your response, and I am sorry again about the delay.

Sincerely,

Kristin

post-35522-0-89860600-1588727255_thumb.png

That is the correct preference. If you uncheck it entirely, it should make a difference to your text and charts.

• Like 1

That is the correct preference. If you uncheck it entirely, it should make a difference to your text and charts.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for clarifying. I unchecked it and that helped significantly. :)

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1