2 replies to this topic

#1 theblackbluejay

theblackbluejay

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:DaveTheSemitist
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics, Hebrew Bible, Historical Hebrew Grammar, NW Semitic Dialectology, Textual Criticism, Scribal Culture in the ancient Near East, Israelite Religion(s)
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:31 PM

Is it possible to expand the geographical scope of the Accordance Atlas?  I do a lot of work with Ethiopic, Ethiopian Christianity, and Ethiopian Judaism, and being able to make custom maps in Accordance that include both Ethiopia and South Arabia would be incredibly helpful. The lack of this makes it more difficult to use the Accordance Atlas in general, as I have to switch between applications due to not having all of my maps in the same place.

Thanks!

David 

• Fabian and TYA like this

#2 Christopher Heard

Christopher Heard

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:29 PM

I second this suggestion! Extending the map southward would be an excellent revision, along with including places like Cush, etc. into the Atlas index. As an OT scholar, I would like to be able to show where Cush is on the map.

Additionally, I suggest/request expanding the map westward all the way to the Atlantic, with appropriate additions to the searchable index — including, say, Hippo Regius (which could fit on the current map, just barely) and many other sites that are important in early Christianity.

I have other “wishes” for the Atlas too, but I’ll keep those in separate threads.

• Fabian likes this
Chris Heard
Associate Professor of Religion
Pepperdine University
http://drchris.me

#3 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:32 AM

+1

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE!
Bring more international Bibles to the store,
fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,
develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,
in nearer future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atlas, Ethiopic, Geʿez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users