Holman Bible Atlas works well on iOS?

henryaukc

Do the Holman Bible Atlas works well on iOS? I am considering to buy it for my Accordance for iPadOS

Absolutely brilliant. The maps are great full screen and can be zoomed slightly. Im virtually 99% accordance on ios (along with everything else) and rarely boot up my mbp these days. 

the main problem i have with ios as ive reported elsewhere is that when i have a map full screen, i often flip through the other maps and images near by and when i return to the text, it takes me back to my point of entry rather than where i now am. But there is a good index and search so you can navigate back. 

the map looks small in the screenshot but click on it and it goes full screen and ive had to crop it as the file size was to big to load to this thread

post-31185-0-99041100-1590250266_thumb.png

post-31185-0-31268400-1590250371_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

As an aside, one issue with ios is that currently you cant open an atlas next to a bible text though hopefully this may change with a future release.

Going back to a comment in another thread, and as Its on offer, i thought it may be good as i can have the maps run In parallel with my Bible text see screenshot below, so i decided to purchase the Holman illustrated  study bible because the maps are similar ( though i havent carried out a detailed comparison yet).

however, the map in the above screenshot isnt included in the study bible (but the ones before and after are).

also, from a cursory glance, i dont think the study bible text is anywhere near as detailed as my other study bibles such as noab, jps, jant, esv or niv so wouldnt be sufficient as a study bible.

so in summary, i think the atlas is still the brilliant choice and should be the one to get.

post-31185-0-80846300-1590251885_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2