GoTo box malfunction

JonathanHuber

If I open a new search tab, hit Tab to jump to the GoTo box, and then hit the right arrow like I'm going to edit the reference there, the displayed text advances to the next text in my library. The process repeats, too: tab - tab - right arrow will slowly cycle through my entire library. The same thing happens with tools. 

Here's the kicker... this only happens on a newly set-up 2020 MacBook Air running macOS 10.15.4. It does not happen on the 8yo Macbook that I haven't gotten rid of yet. 

Any ideas how to make it stop doing this?

Edit: I've restarted the computer, restarted Accordance, tried a new workspace. It still happens.

Edited by JonathanHuber

In your "General" Preferences, set the arrow keys to "Move Insertion Point."

• Like 1

Thank you! You'd think I'd know that after all this time, but I've never used that setting, maybe hit it by accident. Although now that I understand what it does, maybe I like it.

With the setting set to Navigate, the insertion point still moves around in the search bar. If the insertion point could still move around in the GoTo box also, that would make more sense to me and be a perfect combination.

• Like 1

I agree that this is a bug - the arrow keys should be able to move around the Goto box with ease, regardless of the setting.  Thanks for the report!

• Like 3