#1 FrBC

FrBC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:19 PM

I was wondering if you had any plans to provide Everett Fox’s, “The Early Prophets,” as part of the Schocken Bible series (you already have Volume 1, The Five Books of Moses). I was also wondering if you were going to add Robert Alter’s magisterial work, “The Hebrew Bible: A Translation with Commentary. Both of these texts, together with the their commentaries would be a phenomenal addition to the Accordance suite.

• Leopold Green, Daniel L and PhilGCox like this

#2 Leopold Green

Leopold Green

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Twitter:@lgreen
  • Interests:Judaism, Christianity, Nature, Politics, Literature, Cinema, Music, Beer and fine whisky (not always in that order)
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:14 PM

There have been several threads here on Altar's masterpiece - it is his publishers that aren't interested not Accordance - a great pity indeed! I agree about volume two of Schocken

• Mark Allison and Dataduffy like this

#3 miketisdell

miketisdell

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:21 AM

+1 

The Early Prophets: Joshua, Judges, Samuel, and Kings: The Schocken Bible, Volume II

There have been several threads here on Altar's masterpiece - it is his publishers that aren't interested not Accordance - a great pity indeed! I agree about volume two of Schocken

I personally reached out to Alter and he stated there was nothing he could do. 

• Michael J. Bolesta and Leopold Green like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Old Testament, Translations., Commentary, Hebrew Bible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users