Thank you for the 13.1 Update...

Paul Meiklejohn

Thank you to all the developers for the 13.1 Update... there is long list of new features and fixes and I'll need to wade through them, but it looks very thorough.  Much appreciated, Paul.

• Like 9

Out without a herald or any fanfare! Look good

Wow! A lot was covered in this update! "Amplify to Website" was one of the first things to catch my eye and looks especially promising! Can hardly wait to dig in to it all. Thanks!

Wow! A lot was covered in this update! "Amplify to Website" was one of the first things to catch my eye and looks especially promising! Can hardly wait to dig in to it all. Thanks!

That's one of my favorite new features. You can create a permanent link to a French/English dictionary site (for example) and simply right-click on a word in a French Bible to get a definition. 

Where can I see a version history or a list of new features?

• Like 1

Where can I see a version history or a list of new features?

https://www.accordancebible.com/Bug-Fixes-Since-13

EDIT: Interestingly, the webpage seems to be missing the section on "Amplify to Webpage." Not sure if that is the only missing section. It was included in the details of the update window within Accordance (Accordance>Check for App Update).

Edited by OSchrock

Thanks!

And it's in the Help Documentation when you upgrade to 13.1 under "Introduction to Accordance—>New Features in Version 13". 

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but how do I access the new "Word Map Alignment Pane"?

I don't see it in the Library nor in "Add Parallel" nor in any of the top line menu options.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but how do I access the new "Word Map Alignment Pane"?

I don't see it in the Library nor in "Add Parallel" nor in any of the top line menu options.

There's a link to it in your Accordance Help Documentation under "What's New in Version 13". Here's the direct link: http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win13/Default.htm#topics/06_braa/wordmap.htm

You can't access it without the Targum update thingy?

To open the Targums WordMap as a parallel pane:

1. Open the HMT-W4 or any of the grammatically-tagged Aramaic Targums as a Text Tab.

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-06%20at%203.16.2

1. Click Add Parallel and select Alignment>Targums WordMap (The Equivalent Project). The Targums WordMap is displayed in a parallel pane.

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-06%20at%203.16.3

Note that cross-highlighting is available between the HMT-W4 and associated Targums when the WordMap is displayed as a parallel Text.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

[nevermind found the question in another thread]

Edited by mhanel

Ok, so it does appear that you need an Aramaic Targums module to use it. The list of new things on the version page doesn't say anything about the Targums, so it was confusing.

• Like 1

Great work Accordance team!

Ok, so it does appear that you need an Aramaic Targums module to use it.

Or a Hebrew tagged text.

• Like 2

To open the Targums WordMap as a parallel pane:

1. Open the HMT-W4 or any of the grammatically-tagged Aramaic Targums as a Text Tab.

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-06%20at%203.16.2

This doesn't work for me - if I open the 

1. Click Add Parallel and select Alignment>Targums WordMap (The Equivalent Project)The Targums WordMap is displayed in a parallel pane.

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-06%20at%203.16.3

Note that cross-highlighting is available between the HMT-W4 and associated Targums when the WordMap is displayed as a parallel Text.

This does work for me - if I open HMT alignment is greyed out - I tried this when 13.1 first came out which is why I assumed you need the Targum - help please what am I not getting?

post-29557-0-77514100-1591524816_thumb.jpeg

Leopold, do you have any of the Aramaic Targums installed? 

No none - just BHS-T and HMT-W4 - that was why I thought it would only work with the Targums - it would be great if it could work with my standard Hebrew Bibles - I do plan to get the Targums but they weren't next on the list

No none - just BHS-T and HMT-W4 - that was why I thought it would only work with the Targums - it would be great if it could work with my standard Hebrew Bibles - I do plan to get the Targums but they weren't next on the list

Sorry, I've just updated the help documentation to reflect that a grammatically-tagged Hebrew Bible as well as the Aramaic Targums are required for this feature to work. 

• Like 1

Where do I find the instructions for setting up a website to amplify to?   Having trouble with that

How about a video explaining all the new major changes?  

• Like 3