Thank you for the 13.1 Update...

Paul Meiklejohn

Sorry, I've just updated the help documentation to reflect that a grammatically-tagged Hebrew Bible as well as the Aramaic Targums are required for this feature to work. 

that's a shame but I thought that would be the case so had giddy moment when it looked otherwise

thanks for checking

That's one of my favorite new features. You can create a permanent link to a French/English dictionary site (for example) and simply right-click on a word in a French Bible to get a definition. 

For modern languages, I'd rather be able to use the macOS system dictionary. But these are interesting possibilites:

http://cal.huc.edu/browseheaders.php?first3=***
https://logeion.uchicago.edu/morpho/***

I'm just starting to experiment, so these may not be the best choices. Perseus is better at parsing forms, but Logeion has a better selection of dictionaries.

Edited by jlm
  • Like 1

"Changed the export of Greek and Hebrew to unicode to be fully decomposed, rather than electing to use Extended Greek (U+1F00…) or Presentation Hebrew (U+FB20…) forms. This is due to an incompatibility with Nota Bene."

Whoa! That's a pretty significant change. I've been using Unicode since 2003, at that time going through the painstaking process of converting my old ASCII Word files into Mellel unicode files. I have many, many hundreds of files, all using composed Greek forms, i.e. the Greek Extended block U+1Fxx. My Greek keyboard renders composed forms. My raw GNT files are in composed forms. I'm not too happy about now mixing in decomposed forms whenever I copy+paste from Accordance (which is nearly every day). Several of my fonts which render composed Greek forms just fine do not render decomposed forms at all well. And all this just to provide compatibility with Nota Bene. Could this "Export Greek as fully decomposed" not be made optional, set in Preferences?

• Like 3

Agreed. I think an option would be better.

Thx

D

That's one of my favorite new features. You can create a permanent link to a French/English dictionary site (for example) and simply right-click on a word in a French Bible to get a definition. 

So, I'm very much a novice here. Actually, I was just wondering to myself if there was some way in Accordance to interact directly with the TLG Greek site. I have not looked into this yet, but would this be the direction I should start looking?

Yes. I don't have a login to test it, but you should be able to create a website link to the Herodotus Lexicon, for example, and then right-click on a word in the Perseus Classics, and find the word in the lexicon.

• Like 1

How about a video explaining all the new major changes?  

Working on it.

• Like 2

I'd ignored the web-browser when it was initially added to Accordance but having ability to amplify to it baked in has been an absolute revelation - brilliant work! plus making it easy to add in your own sites too - I've linked up the OED and although I have to log-in at the start of each accordance session it works flawlessly... such a thrill

Now I just have to wait till I get the Targums to try out the word map!

Next up 'style sheets' (I hope)

post-29557-0-81470100-1591741471_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I just reinstalled my accordance via App Store few weeks ago and there is a warning that I should not upgrade 13.0.5 from official webpage if I download accordance from App Store. I am wondering when will 13.1 be available via App Store? 

I just reinstalled my accordance via App Store few weeks ago and there is a warning that I should not upgrade 13.0.5 from official webpage if I download accordance from App Store. I am wondering when will 13.1 be available via App Store? 

We usually wait for a release to "stabilize" before submitting a version for the Mac App store. Hopefully, once 13.1.2 (early beta testing now) is released, it will be submitted to the Mac App store.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We usually wait for a release to "stabilize" before submitting a version for the Mac App store. Hopefully, once 13.1.2 (early beta testing now) is released, it will be submitted to the Mac App store.

I am wondering whether it is stable already or not? It seems like it's not ready in Mac App store.

We ended up waiting for Accordance 13.1.3 to stabilize and submitted it to the Mac App Store. Version 13.1.3 is now live in the Mac App Store.