#21 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,856 posts
  • Accordance Version:5.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 07 June 2020 - 06:36 AM

No none - just BHS-T and HMT-W4 - that was why I thought it would only work with the Targums - it would be great if it could work with my standard Hebrew Bibles - I do plan to get the Targums but they weren't next on the list

Sorry, I've just updated the help documentation to reflect that a grammatically-tagged Hebrew Bible as well as the Aramaic Targums are required for this feature to work. 

• Drewster likes this

#22 DoosanMan

DoosanMan

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:20 AM

Where do I find the instructions for setting up a website to amplify to?   Having trouble with that

#23 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:23 AM

Where do I find the instructions for setting up a website to amplify to?   Having trouble with that

It's on this page in the Help Documentation:

http://accordancefil...web_browser.htm

• Drewster likes this

#24 DoosanMan

DoosanMan

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:37 AM

thank you

• Mark Allison likes this

#25 Gedalya

Gedalya

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:06 AM

How about a video explaining all the new major changes?  

• Unix, Fabian and Drewster like this

#26 Leopold Green

Leopold Green

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:@lgreen
  • Interests:Judaism, Christianity, Nature, Politics, Literature, Cinema, Music, Beer and fine whisky (not always in that order)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:27 AM

Sorry, I've just updated the help documentation to reflect that a grammatically-tagged Hebrew Bible as well as the Aramaic Targums are required for this feature to work. 

that's a shame but I thought that would be the case so had giddy moment when it looked otherwise

thanks for checking

#27 jlm

jlm

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 07 June 2020 - 03:11 PM

That's one of my favorite new features. You can create a permanent link to a French/English dictionary site (for example) and simply right-click on a word in a French Bible to get a definition. 

For modern languages, I'd rather be able to use the macOS system dictionary. But these are interesting possibilites:

http://cal.huc.edu/browseheaders.php?first3=***
https://logeion.uchicago.edu/morpho/***

I'm just starting to experiment, so these may not be the best choices. Perseus is better at parsing forms, but Logeion has a better selection of dictionaries.

Edited by jlm, 07 June 2020 - 03:18 PM.

• Unix likes this

#28 PakBell

PakBell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:17 PM

"Changed the export of Greek and Hebrew to unicode to be fully decomposed, rather than electing to use Extended Greek (U+1F00…) or Presentation Hebrew (U+FB20…) forms. This is due to an incompatibility with Nota Bene."

Whoa! That's a pretty significant change. I've been using Unicode since 2003, at that time going through the painstaking process of converting my old ASCII Word files into Mellel unicode files. I have many, many hundreds of files, all using composed Greek forms, i.e. the Greek Extended block U+1Fxx. My Greek keyboard renders composed forms. My raw GNT files are in composed forms. I'm not too happy about now mixing in decomposed forms whenever I copy+paste from Accordance (which is nearly every day). Several of my fonts which render composed Greek forms just fine do not render decomposed forms at all well. And all this just to provide compatibility with Nota Bene. Could this "Export Greek as fully decomposed" not be made optional, set in Preferences?

• mgvh, דָנִיאֶל and jlm like this

#29 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,996 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:28 PM

Agreed. I think an option would be better.

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#30 benkeshet

benkeshet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:41 AM

That's one of my favorite new features. You can create a permanent link to a French/English dictionary site (for example) and simply right-click on a word in a French Bible to get a definition. 

So, I'm very much a novice here. Actually, I was just wondering to myself if there was some way in Accordance to interact directly with the TLG Greek site. I have not looked into this yet, but would this be the direction I should start looking?

#31 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:00 AM

Yes. I don't have a login to test it, but you should be able to create a website link to the Herodotus Lexicon, for example, and then right-click on a word in the Perseus Classics, and find the word in the lexicon.

• benkeshet likes this

#32 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,952 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

How about a video explaining all the new major changes?  

Working on it.

• Drewster and Gedalya like this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#33 Leopold Green

Leopold Green

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:@lgreen
  • Interests:Judaism, Christianity, Nature, Politics, Literature, Cinema, Music, Beer and fine whisky (not always in that order)

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:24 PM

I'd ignored the web-browser when it was initially added to Accordance but having ability to amplify to it baked in has been an absolute revelation - brilliant work! plus making it easy to add in your own sites too - I've linked up the OED and although I have to log-in at the start of each accordance session it works flawlessly... such a thrill

Now I just have to wait till I get the Targums to try out the word map!

Next up 'style sheets' (I hope)

Attached Files

• Mark Allison, Dataduffy and Drewster like this

#34 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 09:40 PM

I just reinstalled my accordance via App Store few weeks ago and there is a warning that I should not upgrade 13.0.5 from official webpage if I download accordance from App Store. I am wondering when will 13.1 be available via App Store? 

#35 Mike Garrity

Mike Garrity

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:27 AM

I just reinstalled my accordance via App Store few weeks ago and there is a warning that I should not upgrade 13.0.5 from official webpage if I download accordance from App Store. I am wondering when will 13.1 be available via App Store? 

We usually wait for a release to "stabilize" before submitting a version for the Mac App store. Hopefully, once 13.1.2 (early beta testing now) is released, it will be submitted to the Mac App store.

• Mark Allison and JonathanHuber like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users