Hebrew search for proper noun + gender

Drewster

I was interested in a search for where a feminine person precedes a masculine person in a sentence, and not in a genealogy, in the OT.

1. I can't get a search to work combining both proper noun and gender using <TEXT> or Construct-Hebrew (I used BHS). Is this possible? See screenshot. My search results include common nouns. 

2. I can do a Greek Construct using LXX Rahlff's Tagged. However, putting an English translation as a parallel I get no synchronized highlighting (mouse overs); I used NETS and LXX Brexton. I'm guessing that's because neither is tagged. Is there a way to get parallel highlighting for an LXX English translation?

How can I do my search, with an emphasis on English (since I don't know Hebrew/Greek well enough)?

I assume the not in a genealogy part will have to be done by manual analysis (looking at each result). And there's no way to distinguish a person as a noun type from other noun types such as a place, correct?

post-35562-0-65007900-1591752475_thumb.png

post-35562-0-92211900-1591752485_thumb.png

The trick to cross-highlighting is to make sure you own the MT-LXX parallels, which will enable it, and then to make sure you have your Hebrew open as well. I believe the coding relies on going from the keyed English to the tagged Hebrew to the MT-LXX parallel to the tagged Greek. See the attached image.

post-16381-0-08880000-1591758166_thumb.png

In answer to your first question, I'm not sure why Accordance doesn't like the proper noun to combine with gender. It is odd, but I presume there is a reason. My results included common nouns also, as per your experience. Hopefully someone else will have a go at explaining what the issue is, and/or a workaround.

With regards to "not in genealogies", the only way I can think of not including them is to construct a custom range which excludes the verses you know to be genealogies - there would be no tagging for "this is a genealogy" - you'd have to do it yourself. 

I only have my iPad not my computer accessible at the moment, but it looks like the Hebrew proper nouns are not tagged for gender.  They appear, at least in the iOS app, to only have tagging as a proper noun.

• Like 1