How to avoid "amplify" when opening new saved workspace?

mortenjensen

Hi,

I have the habit of using predefined workspaces for everything. Like, one for the Hebrew Bible, one for NT, one for Qumran etc. 

I have noticed that when you want to open a new workspace from the menu bar, Accordance tries to amplify/look up from your current workspace, be it a verse or a word. This is rather annoying. I just want the workspace to open. I have not been able to find a preference to toggle this. Is it possible to change this? 

The problem is that I sometimes get an error saying you cannot open a workspace from here - and other times have to click twice to have the workspace to open. 

Thanks

Morten

If you open a saved workspace from the Amplify menu, it's going to try and amplify from whatever word your cursor happens to be on in the current workspace.
If you open a saved workspace from the File menu (File—>Open Workspace), then it won't amplify.

You can also open a saved workspace by using the keyboard shortcut, Command-O (Control-O on a PC). It won't amplify in that case either.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

Thanks for explaining, Mark!

I open them via the toolbar icon, which gives me a floating box with all my workspaces neatly sorted. In this case, amplify also happens. Would it be possible to make "amplify" a setting to be toggle in this case?

Otherwise, your suggestion of using cmd-o might also work. In this case, is it then possible to have the workspaces to open according to the resolution of the screen? Not "full screen" in a separate desktop, just filling the screen of your present desktop. For some reason, the workspaces open up in a reduced size, if I open them this way, compared to open through the toolbar.

Morten

I open them via the toolbar icon, which gives me a floating box with all my workspaces neatly sorted. 

Ah, I see. I don't know of a keyboard shortcut for that, and there isn't a preference (but that's a good idea). For now, the only thing I can tell you is to make sure your cursor isn't in a word in the contents of a tab. So, if you click in the Search Entry Box before you select a workspace from the Workspaces button on the Toolbar, it will open without amplifying. You can also just press the Tab key and it will place your cursor in the Search Entry Box.

As to why your workspaces open in a reduced size, I'm not sure. Mine only do that if they were saved in a lower resolution. Try opening the workspace, then selecting "Add Workspace" from the Toolbar icon. It will save over any of your previous changes, including the window size of the workspace.

• Like 1