Atlas of the Biblical World

ukfraser

This resource has been mentioned in another thread on this forum but it may have been missed so i decided to create its own thread to see if there are others who would be interested.

The question i suspect a lot will ask is do we need another atlas in english as there is bound to be overlap with existing atlases of the bible and maps in study bibles already in accordance, so i propose the following as to why this particular volume would be a valuable addition. 

1. it is in the same series as two atlases currently in accordance and i find the format excellent with a helpful timeline to help orientate oneself, a page of text to quickly identify the salient features and an accompanying map. (There is a forth volume i have also requested.) while i tend to use my atlases mainly for their maps and dont usually bother with much of the text, i have read both the atlas of christian history and the atlas of the european reformations cover to cover. 
  2. Being in the same series, not only do the maps display excellent cartography, the maps are also stylistically very different from those included in atlases from other publishers. This means that the maps would provide better continuity when presenting in combination with the other fortress publications. 
  3. While there is inevitably some overlap with maps in other bible atlases, i have made a comparison with my 'go to' holman bible atlas and comparing map titles, while about half appear to deal with the same events, there are about half appear that appear to tackle the bible topic from a different perspective so would be beneficial. Even so, because the accompanying text is limited to a page, the approach will be very different.

For these reasons, plus the reasonable cost of the resource and because two of the other volumes are already in accordance, i would be very happy to add this (and the 4th volume?) to my accordance library.

For more information check out this link, particularly the fortress publicity info in the first paragraph.

https://bibleandtech.blogspot.com/2019/08/atlas-of-biblical-world-released.html

• Like 2

I just looked at the preview of this resource in Google Books and have decided to purchase it if it becomes available through Accordance. Is it really possible to have too many maps? ;)

—Joseph

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

. Is it really possible to have too many maps? ;)

—Joseph

No, not if they are good ones 

;o) 

• Like 2

As you can imagine, I heartily endorse this recommendation! :D

• Like 4

I hadn't seen this before but have ordered from Amazon - it would be great to have in Accordance too

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I wondered if this is on anyones radar now that mark is also running webinars for accordance. For me Other ones in the series are better in accordance than as hard copies as the maps do not go across the binding so ive been holding off getting it, (sorry mark).

• Like 1

Thanks for the bump! I'm still hoping to get this in Accordance too!