My notes are not synching. HELP

davidmedina

I configured the sync with DropBox following the instructions on the manual. The first time seemed to work fine. But now, although everything seems to be syncing my note are not synching. 

See the attached image to see how I have it configured in both iMac and Macbook Pro. The only thing it did was that during a sync it deleted two of my notes on the Desktop. 

It is imperative that the synching between my desktop and laptop works properly and consistently. I cannot loose my notes during a sync.

This is the only thing that keeps me from using Accordance as my main Bible study software. I need to keep everything synced. 

UPDATE: 

Unless I am doing something wrong my perception right now is that Accordance sync feature is pretty much useless and dangerous. It just deleted all my Notes I have been working for the last couple of weeks, ALL OF THEM. Not acceptable. Not b=very happy right now.

post-32482-0-90922400-1591996062_thumb.jpg

Edited by davidmedina
  • Like 1

Syncing via dropbox works pretty reliably for me. I've never had my notes deleted, but I do recommend periodically making an backup anyway. I never entrust dropbox with my only copy of any file.

So I don't know what happened in your situation, but maybe someone from Accordance will have a suggestion.

Thanks, but that didn't help. From what I read in that thread it seems to be an issue with Accordance 13 and dropbox sync deleting notes?

Edited by davidmedina

I'm looking into this to see if it's a bug with Accordance.  Dropbox itself keeps all deleted files for some length of time.  Log in to dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files to restore them. 

A few questions to help me figure this out:

1. Is the screenshot of preferences that you posted from your iMac, your MacBook Pro, or are the preferences the same on both machines?
  2. Have you ever used dropbox sync with an iPad, iPhone, or Windows PC?
  3. What MacOS version are you running on each machine?
Edited by Silas Marrs

I'm looking into this to see if it's a bug with Accordance.  Dropbox itself keeps all deleted files for some length of time.  Log in to dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files to restore them. 

A few questions to help me figure this out:

1. Is the screenshot of preferences that you posted from your iMac, your MacBook Pro, or are the preferences the same on both machines?
  2. Have you ever used dropbox sync with an iPad, iPhone, or Windows PC?
  3. What MacOS version are you running on each machine?

1. Yes, the preferences are set the same on both computers.

2. No, I have never used dropbox sync with my ipad or iphone. 

3. Both computers are running Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101)

I restored deleted files on drobox but nothing change. 

Let me go into more details.

The note files didn't disappeared and it is currently synced between desktop and laptop. 

What actually happened was as follows.

I started my study on the desktop. I added a new user notes called justice. I made notes on a verse in Micah and another in Job.

I continued my study using the laptop that was synced and showed the same notes for Micah and job.

In the laptop I added several notes for Matthew, James, and Jeremiah. I closed Accordance in the laptop when I was done. 

Next day I opened accordance on both computers and click to sycn on the desktop. And I watched my notes on the laptop for Matthew, James, and Jeremiah dissapear and only the original ones for Micah and Job remained.

I think we need a short seminar about the best strategies of using notes on Accordance and how to properly keep them sync between computers as well as mobile devices as I frequently use my desktop, macbook pro and my ipad pro to study and I need to keep all my notes synced.

Thanks.

• Like 3

I think we need a short seminar about the best strategies of using notes on Accordance and how to properly keep them sync between computers as well as mobile devices as I frequently use my desktop, macbook pro and my ipad pro to study and I need to keep all my notes synced.

Excellent idea! That would be most helpful.

• Like 3

I've been able to reproduce the bug where notes within a notes file would disappear when synced, and we'll get a fix out for that very soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Silas, do you have a timeline for this fix? I lose notes every time I sync as well. Thanks!