More Options to Toolbar for Windows Version 13

Kitschlane

Please consider adding more options to the "customize toolbar" item for windows version 13. The customize toolbar option only allows for the addition and removal of icons but not for icon or toolbar (re)sizing or hiding of separator lines.

It would be great if you added a few more features to the toolbar that aren't there - such as icon resizing (large, medium or small), make separator lines (appear or disappear) and maybe if possible: the option for a classic look (like v.12 and prior) - if it isn't too complicated.

When I first installed this new version I was surprised at how large, clunky and flat my icons suddenly appeared and that a few of them even went completely off the workspace to the right, furthermore - the divider lines also now appear where previously they were hidden. In version 12 the toolbar was more elegant and professional looking - seemed to have contour and the divider lines were invisible. This still seems to be the case for the MAC version of 13.

I realize this may be more of a personal preference issue but I would appreciate having more flexibility in setting up the look of the workspace I am using, which translates into my desire to use the program. Please don't misunderstand me - I like the other new additions to v.13 and I love the new color themes and tab appearances as well, just not the limitations to the new toolbar in windows version 13.

Thank-you very kindly for your time.

I like how customizing the toolbar works on the Mac based on the webinars I've seen. I'm on Windows. Definitely feels like getting crumbs at the table ;) As for separators, though, those work fine for me. At the top of the left-hand list (items to add) is Separator. You can add that as many times to the toolbar as you'd like, and move them up and down to place them just where you want them, and remove them. I started with v13, so I'm not sure how this all worked in v12. It would be nice if we could drag tools up into the toolbar, and drag them around in the toolbar. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks Drewster;

I agree with your comments in comparing the windows to Mac versions, the windows toolbar options do seem substandard in various ways. I suppose Mac has always been better at running certain applications that are more graphic in nature and require greater flexibility. I believe Accordance was originally developed for Mac users only and windows was a later assimilation - so I am grateful they adapted for windows too, however; I don't know why the toolbar now looks so different between the two platforms when in version 12 they looked identical. You're right, the ability to add icons and move them around is much more user friendly - enjoyable in Mac, but I am ok with that - even though it is more time consuming.

My issue is that the windows customize toolbar is extremely limited, all one can do is add and remove items to it - that's it! No real customizing happening here. There should be options for resizing the toolbar and icons so that more workspace realestate is afforded - I believe the Mac has this option for small, medium and large.

RE: Separator lines: In version 12 separator lines were hidden/invisible and didn't show up as vertical lines on the toolbar. If one wants to separate icons by multiple spaces, there now are a plethra of unsightly vertical lines. There should be an option to hide these - which v. 12 did automatically. 

I don't think adding more options to the toolbar in windows would be more complicated than what they already do with the program, so I hope they consider these additions, at the very least - HIDE THE SEPARATOR LINES...PLEASE. 

Everything else about version 13 I really like, my only issue is with the toolbar.

Cheers.