workspace shortcut

Tim Hall

Is there a keyboard shortcut to cycle through open workspaces? I was unable to find one in Help.

• Like 1

Is there a keyboard shortcut to cycle through open workspaces? I was unable to find one in Help.

I haven't found a keyboard shortcut for cycling through workspaces either – would very much like one – though, I do have a keyboard shortcut to create a workspace.

Good question. I looked in help and in preferences. Didn't see one. I tried control-tab and other keyboard combinations just in case. Sans a shortcut, I use Alt-Tab (here on Windows), but that walks me through all open windows, not just Accordance ones. 

If no one comes up with an answer, there is a forum for Feature Requests. Maybe an admin can move this request there, or you can post this there?

On a Mac, it's Command `

On a PC, it's Control `

• Like 3

On a Mac, it's Command `

On a PC, it's Control `

Thanks Mark!!! This will save me a ton of time.

• Like 1

No problem! I didn't even know if we had one (there are too many to remember them all!). But they can all be found categorized in the Help Documentation:

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-17%20at%207.15.4

• Like 2

That's an OS-wide shortcut, at least on Mac. It cycles through all the open windows of the active, foreground application. I use it all the time for email, Excel, etc. Cmd+Tab to switch programs, Cmd+` to switch windows. 

• Like 4

Thanks Jonathan, I was unaware it was a system wide shortcut. I will say though Accordance is usually the only program i use where I have multiple windows open at a time although on occasion so too with Word.

On a Mac, it's Command `

On a PC, it's Control `

Thank you!

I'm thinking it's a Mac OS shortcut.

There is a keyboard shortcut assigned to ctrl-' in my Accordance (Win 10 + Acc 13.1.1), and it works just like that. There's no cycling of windows.

I like that Mac OS feature! In MS Office apps I can do ctrl-tab to cycle open files. But I find no equivalent in MS Windows. To cycle through all open windows I use Alt-tab (or Winkey + tab, which functions similar to swiping up from bottom of screen on my iPad). 

post-35562-0-64736600-1592433496_thumb.png

No problem! I didn't even know if we had one (there are too many to remember them all!). But they can all be found categorized in the Help Documentation:

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-17%20at%207.15.4

Thank you, Mark!

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win13/Default.htm#topics/10_ref/kb/navigating_wrkspcs_zones_tabs_panes.htm%3FTocPath%3DComprehensive%2520Reference%7CKeyboards%2520and%2520Keyboard%2520Shortcuts%7C_____5

That's a very useful page for me. I am a keyboardie.