Mouse Highlighting larger portions of text

accordance_fan

One of the best features in Accordance is the ability to highlight any word in Greek or Hebrew text and have that word highlighted in a corresponding English translation, provided it is coded to Strong's. Is there a way however to select a RANGE of words, so that one can see not only how individual words corresponds in various translations, but how any given translation renders a phrase, sentence or collection of words? Thank you. 

• Like 2

I highly recommend the two phrase-tagged translations that we offer: The Mounce NT and the NIV-GKE with enhanced G/K numbers.

• Like 1

I think, if I understand your question correctly, the Text Browser would be an ideal spot for that. It is, however, currently verse-based. 

Thank you, Helen. I was aware of NIV-GKE, but didn't know Mounce NT was also phrase-tagged. 

• Like 1

I will definitely make use of the two phrase-tagged translations suggested above. I had not noticed their distinctive capabilities. My thoughts center a little more around selecting text than hovering over it and also shifting from a word for word/s rendering to the display of a range of words, like this:

καὶ πάντες εἰς τὸν Μωϋσῆν ἐβαπτίσαντο      and all received baptism into Moses         and all were baptized unto Moses

• Like 1

I think, if I understand your question correctly, the Text Browser would be an ideal spot for that. It is, however, currently verse-based. 

Thank you, Helen. I was aware of NIV-GKE, but didn't know Mounce NT was also phrase-tagged. 

And the German Leonberger NT, if you want learn German.

I will definitely make use of the two phrase-tagged translations suggested above. I had not noticed their distinctive capabilities. My thoughts center a little more around selecting text than hovering over it and also shifting from a word for word/s rendering to the display of a range of words, like this:

καὶ πάντες εἰς τὸν Μωϋσῆν ἐβαπτίσαντο      and all received baptism into Moses         and all were baptized unto Moses

There is a very good video on the NIV store site, which explains the features of the NIV GKE.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Can you provide a link for the video. Not sure what store site you mean. 

Yes. On the https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=NIV11-GKEat the end of the bold script, There is a link. Sorry I thought the video is right there.

https://www.accordancebible.com/NIV11-GKE

https://youtu.be/STQbHbU58WY

Keep in mind: There is Strong's, GK numbers and GK/E (called phrase tagging). The last is the best. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Great video, great resource. Thanks. 

• Like 1