Texts/Tools on Toolbar

accordance_fan

I would like to be able to have specific resources on the Toolbar. I.e. for quick access. Perhaps there has been a request for this before. Otherwise, I would appreciate some guidance on quickly accessing key tools.

This is already possible, at least on Mac. Unless it's different on Windows, just drag the item you want from the library up to the Toolbar. 

• Like 2

Win 10 + Acc 13.1.1

Yup, Fabian is correct, on Windows we can't add specific resources/modules to the toolbar. They don't appear in the list of items that can be added.

We can add these toolbar buttons: English Tools, Greek Tools, Hebrew Tools, Reference Tools, and General Tools. But those tools don't correspond to Library categories. Each of these tools opens up a list of 1 or more sub-items; those sub-items are our Library categories (the top-level headings of our Library), and within each are our Library items (see screenshot).

(I think Preferences > Appearance > Organize All Tools by Category was an option introduced by v13??? http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win13/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/organize_library_items.htm)

Interestingly, under General Tools there's a sub-item called Greek Parsing, but that's not under Greek Tools. While I'm new, it's still Greek to me. ;-)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Revrari;

I confer, the Windows toolbar is very different than that of Mac. I have requested more customize toolbar options for Windows v.13 on another post. There are less options for tools/resources and the new toolbar now looks more "Fisher Price-ish" in version 13 (large & clunky) where it was more professional looking in 12 (Note: Mac's toolbar still looks great - icons are smaller and there are no visible vertical separator lines). The customize toolbar allows for very few options for windows - just add or remove items, and icons with or without text.

To speed access: I believe you can re-assign short cut keys to tools in preferences, but I don't think you can do that for resources - although I might be wrong on this? This might help speed things up somewhat.

Cheers.