additional copy/output control

longwindedrg

I was a user of BibleWorks 10, but decided to transfer to Accordance when BibleWorks went out of business. BibleWorks had a copy feature (and output options feature) that I found very useful in many circumstances. Say you wanted to search for all instances of the Hebrew preposition min in the Masoretic Text (including Qere and Kethib). Upon searching, BibleWorks returns 7586 hits in 5793 verses, and Accordance returns 7584 hits in 5791 verses. I was able to copy the scripture references only from both programs and paste them into a spreadsheet in order to quickly locate the differences. However, BibleWorks provides the option to include the number of hits in a particular verse (e.g., Gen. 1:7 *2) whereas Accordance only provides the verse (e.g., Gen. 1:7). Accordance's output was handy in and of itself because it allowed me to quickly locate where the verse-count was different. The lack of being able to include the number of HITS in each verse has prohibited easy comparison of the individual hits.

So, long story short, I would like to request a copy feature that allows the user to include the number of hits in a particular verse when copying references only. Frankly, I would like to see greater control over the whole copy feature and the format of the output like BibleWorks has, including the ability to turn off the merging of consecutive references on output. Accordance automatically merges copied references like “Gen. 1:7, 8, 9, 20” into output as “Gen. 1:7-9, 20.” That’s fine in most instances, but I would like the option to turn that off on occasions so that each reference has its own output (i.e., Gen. 1:7; Gen. 1:8; Gen. 1:9; Gen. 1:20, or something along those lines).

Thanks!

PS: I am using Accordance 13.1.1 on Windows 10.

• Like 5

So, long story short, I would like to request a copy feature that allows the user to include the number of hits in a particular verse when copying references only. Frankly, I would like to see greater control over the whole copy feature and the format of the output like BibleWorks has, including the ability to turn off the merging of consecutive references on output. Accordance automatically merges copied references like “Gen. 1:7, 8, 9, 20” into output as “Gen. 1:7-9, 20.” That’s fine in most instances, but I would like the option to turn that off on occasions so that each reference has its own output (i.e., Gen. 1:7; Gen. 1:8; Gen. 1:9; Gen. 1:20, or something along those lines).

+ 1

I very much like both of these ideas!