Set default Hebrew keyboard to SIL

Eagle

I've searched for this question, but didn't find the answer:

Surely it's possible to set the SIL keyboard, like what SBL Hebrew and BibLit use, as the default for all Hebrew entry in Accordance, right?

I know that I can switch to that keyboard manually in Windows and then enter Hebrew text in Accordance, but that's two extra steps I want to avoid (switching into Hebrew, switching out of Hebrew).

• Like 1

When I open my BHS resource my search is sitting on "verses" and what I type is in English. If I change "verses" to "words" or "letters" then my typing is in Hebrew; automatically. There's also the Character window you can access via Windows > Characters. 

Does that help??

The internal Accordance keyboard is not the SIL layout if I recall. It's been a while since I looked. I don't think there is any way to set it to be SIL by default.

Thx

D

I don't have an SIL entry in my Characters window. For me the Characters window always comes up Yehudit. If I change it to something else (for example, MSS), that change doesn't "stick" and subsequently continues to always open with Yehudit selected. 

I don't think the character set displayed is SIL just the keyboard mapping. I've never check but I think it would just convert to the displayed font at some point, my guess is before the search is run as all the texts are encoded in non-Unicode.

Thx

D

The issue is the keyboard map. I can't imagine this would be a hard feature to add... Any Accordance developers out there?

• Like 1