File Size Limitation PDF Import ?

Dave A

I am trying to import an encyclopedia I recently purchased in PDF format into a User Tool. It is about 8.3MB in size. The import proceeds about 1/3 of the way and then closes the progress bar window.

What is the size limit of PDF files for importing?

Thanks,

Dave A

• Like 1

I don't think there is a limit, but I guess there is some corrupt code in the PDF. Can you try importing in sections?

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am having the same issue, but the file size is ~ 150MB and this is due the number of hi-res photos on pdf. However, my Accordance crashes/closes while importing pdf 1/3 of the way... how to import in sections? Thanks!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I also am having the same problem with file size.  Breaking up the file into sections makes it much less useful.  Any progress in this are?  Thanks

For anyone still having this issue, can you give us some additional details (Accordance and OS version, sample PDFs, etc)? We can look into it.

• 5 months later...

For anyone still having this issue, can you give us some additional details (Accordance and OS version, sample PDFs, etc)? We can look into it.

Hello Nathan,

I am having the same issue. I am running Windows 11 and Accordance v 14. My file size is 10MB. It is a little over 2,000 pages. I cannot attach the file for you to try out due to size limitations on file attachment in forum post.

It was an eBook that I converted to a Word docx and did some formatting changes to get it into a proper format for a Dictionary book. I then Saved it As a PDF inside MS Word. The PDF looks fine in MS Edge, but when I Import it into Accordance User Tool as a PDF it only shows page numbers and the one graphic image that is at the top of the document. The encyclopedia is entitled Way of Life Encyclopedia of the Bible and Christianity by David Cloud.

While doing the import this is what happened.

The progress bar opened and was empty of any info.

After a few seconds a message box opened with this message: The text  "Way of Life... " is not currently available to Accordance.

Just a follow up. I converted the file to Plain Txt format and all of it was Imported to an existing User Tool. However, at the end of the Import, I received the error message that the [Source Text] file was not available to Accordance.

Edited by David Austin

What version of Accordance are you on?

Thanks for that! Feel free to DM me your text file. I bought the Way of Life Encyclopedia PDF off their website, so as long as you're using their original one, I should have the PDF. I can compare the two imports and see what happens.

Thanks for sending me this PDF. I just tested it.

This is a known issue with PDF imports. The bug report is already filed, but I've sent our teams your PDF so they have another sample PDF to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that I am unable to import any PDF files.  I just get a file with only page numbers, no next whatsoever.

Windows 11, Accordance 14.0.9.  

I have looked for any additional documentation but can't find anything that seems to address this issue.  I'm able to follow the procedure as given to import the file, but there is no content.  

This is a known issue with some PDF imports.